How about characters we dislike...or just cannot "connect" with ???????

Oh what the hell, if the other admins come for me I can take them.
Hobbo, has Captain so rightly lumbered me with. Just didn't take to him at all.
Eli!! Yes you heard me I said Eil, he just makes me want to grind my teeth.
Billy Inglton, I hate slapstick, I know hate is a strong word but I really do and Billy/Norman was just pure slapstick.
Glenda! Yep I said it. In the beginning she was ok but towards the end I just wanted to stick her whiny head through her mothers mangle.
Billy, seriously a grown man in tights running round with a bow and arrow!
Alvin but I think that's because he was played by Brian Murphy and get me started on him.
So there you have it. I'm sure I'll edit this at some point so don't take it that I've finished.
Have a seat you naughty moderatorScreenshot 2022-03-16 6.30.44 PM.png

The addition of Smiler really helped Tom evolve...and they became a double act.....but when he first appeared with Mrs.Avery and Babs I think he struggled somewhat......EXCELLENT POINT BARRY !!!.
X!
He was excellent at the physical stuff; pushing the cart with Smiler and driving Smiler's car. But, I could never figure out why his shop apron was so large.

For me, the worst character was Morton, followed closely by Toby. Both of them totally uninspiring and pointless. I wasn't too keen on the Tom clan either. But I tend to steer clear of certain episodes, rather than specific characters. episodes like "A quiet drink". That was one of the very worst.

As far as regulars go, I'm with the Toby/Captain crowd. I liked Trevor in other stuff, but as the Captain he was meant to be unlikable which made transitioning him to a regular very difficult for me to appreciate. There were a few scenes in the last series where it felt like he was being softened so maybe if the show had continued he could have improved.

In terms of guest stars, the Tramp from "Big Day . . . " would be my call there.

For me, the worst character was Morton, followed closely by Toby. Both of them totally uninspiring and pointless. I wasn't too keen on the Tom clan either. But I tend to steer clear of certain episodes, rather than specific characters. episodes like "A quiet drink". That was one of the very worst.

Welcome back long time no see I hope you are well glad to see you start contributing again long may it continue :)

As far as regulars go, I'm with the Toby/Captain crowd. I liked Trevor in other stuff, but as the Captain he was meant to be unlikable which made transitioning him to a regular very difficult for me to appreciate. There were a few scenes in the last series where it felt like he was being softened so maybe if the show had continued he could have improved.

In terms of guest stars, the Tramp from "Big Day . . . " would be my call there.
I tried real hard, but if Trevor's name had not been in the credits, I would not have known that Mr. Lucas and the Captain were one and the same person. Maybe it was because he spoke with a Cockney accent and had that big hair on AYBS.

Yes, I didn’t mind him but I remember him getting a rough time on here a few years ago.

Back