Hope you all enjoyed

I do indeed remember the Comedians, (however not first time around though!)
It launched the career of quite a few, namely Mike Reid & Jim Bowen (who was actually a maths teacher at the time he appeared on it!)
They reminded me of the acts you used to see in the many social clubs that used to be ubiquitous but are sadly now a very rare sight......

That's one thing I noticed about the US on my trips there doesn't seem to be many Indian restaurants, must be something to do with the US palette, there is at least 1/2 dozen in most UK towns!!!!
I would say that you probably will find at least one Indian restaurant in each major city in the US, but there are no chains (that I know of). The US palette, much to my dismay, is leaning towards Spanish (Latino), Chinese, and Thai -- with the accent on hot, spicy, and weird stuff. Unfortunately, curry is not on the US food radar scope, at least not yet. However, there is hope. Turmeric, a spice that is included in curry powder and in curries, is gaining popularity and it is only a matter of time before everyone including food editors will hype curries.

Wow Adanor! Us Brits couldn't live without a curry regularly...

Over here there would be at least twenty curry houses in each major city and I'd estimate that figure would be in the hundreds in London!

Back