Holmfirth

I am booked in for a few days in July, but I might get chance for a couple of days before then

When I retire I plan trip! I will have to hit you up for some hints. I get some from a friend from work that goes to Scotland. The most important is where to stay :eek:. That will be tough. Gotta get ready to go to work.. I work second shift. 2pm-10pm. Have a good night !!

Where in Scotland does your friend go? We've just booked a holiday there.
Terry is the best one to ask where to stay.

have a good shift :)

Maltrab that looks lovely, when I stayed in Holmfirth, we didn't pre book we ended up at a sort communal
Hotel,where breakfast was round a huge table and everything was beige. Nice though

We will be going to some gigs at the Picturedrome soon and staying over at the campsite up the road [been used for filming a few times]. We don't live too far away [40 mins] so like to call in for a mooch about every month or so. :)

We will be at Nora Batty's the last week in March, then off
to Hawes the first week in April, ... or there abouts.

Would like to visit Heartbeat country briefly. Not sure whether
Holmfirth or Hawes give us the best way across. Ideas??

You are a lot closer in Hawes to Heartbeat country, about 82 miles,though saying that it is only 90 from Holmfirth

Pearl-Susan, not sure where in Scotland, but their Irish side is linked to an Island off the mainland where there is just an old castle and ships use to take pieces off of it to weigh down the ships. I will get more info on Monday. He is getting ready to take his 2 kids and their wives there for a 2 week vacation.

:) :) Thanks everyone for the tips, and I will keep Terry in mind also when the time comes. Looking 2 years out!! I want to do more than just check out LOTSW sites. I have checked out Holmfirth welcome page and want to explore out a bit. Thanks again for the info my friends on the other side of the pond. My friday night is over with, watching According to Bickerdike.

You are a lot closer in Hawes to Heartbeat country, about 82 miles,though saying that it is only 90 from Holmfirth
I think the run over from Hawes would be a bit more straightforward and you could drive through the beautiful Yorkshire Dales National Park and the North Yorkshire Moors N P.

agreed ferret, definitely more straight forward and glorious in its own right....but if time isn't an issue what a wonderful run with so much varied landscape from Hawes to Holmfirth.. :)

Thanks 'n all, we have done the hawes-holmfirth bit on many visits.
We used to always stay at Springfield Guest House in Holmfirth,
then run over to Hawes to our self-catering.

Now just looking for an efficient way to get from either Holmfirth
(where we are at Nora's) OR Hawes, to the east side near Heartbeat
(and The Royal) country and back in a day while leaving time
for touristing. We have done a similar from Hawes up to the
Lake Country and back. That worked out fine.

well from Holmfirth to heartbeat country your quickest way is M62, M1 and A1M...all interconnected.....not pretty but quick .

Back