holmfirth tody

gremlin

Dedicated Member
it was such a beautiful morning myself and my wife decided to have a run up to holmfirth the hundred miles or so...glad we did, the weather seemed to have brought everyone out and the place was vibrant with lots of visitors at the cafe and at noras and the tour buses doing brisk business...then we drove just a few miles to the south to hade edge and stopped to view the snowey fells and sunlight glistening off the reservoirs....lovely day out... :)

lovely day in this village aswell. glad your trip was nice - my one trip in June with papa was great aswell.

maybe easter or when i break up from college for the summer. then i could get 25 &26 dvd (if its out then) from SW Shop, aswell as other memorabilia.

First of all John you can download them from The Box like I did.

It just amazes me that with the popularity of the show still going strong they have continued to do the series or maybe one or two specials a year. Some might say that most of the actors are dead etc. When Compo died and also Nora they were replaced..... We want more LOTSW...............

It just amazes me that with the popularity of the show still going strong they have continued to do the series or maybe one or two specials a year. Some might say that most of the actors are dead etc. When Compo died and also Nora they were replaced..... We want more LOTSW...............

You may have a good point here. Expecting the Show to continue full speed might be asking too much, but with Clarke, Sallis, Thornton, (and pardon me for not knowing everyone's name off hand), Howard, Pearl, Marina, Alvin, Entwhistle, Hobbo, etc. still around, I could really see specials made.

This is especially if Keith Clifford could contribute. However, I do understand BBC is the main road block.

is it free to download any shows off the box.bz, you have you to pay a fee?

Downloading S4 E3 The Good Life from thebox.bz - my tribute to Dickie :)

Takes a long time though!!

Speaking of Holmfirth and all, las time we were there went
to a new "pub?" just across from the bus station. Beer
not too bad, and very cheap. But the whole place felt of
too much flash and glam. Don't remember the name, but
anyone know if it's still there??

the only pub i can remember across from the bus station is the white hart. had a drink in there a few years back, was quiet, but then it was lunchtime.

This new "pub" is where the White hart was. Very posh
and upscale when we were there a year or so ago.

Wonder if it survived.

If it is like it is round my area you are lucky to find any pubs open! Another 3 in my district are being converted or replaced by " retail units" !! ::)

Back