Holmfirth today

I would love to go there and just visit with the people there. I just picture it as such a sweet town with sweet people. (I wear rose-colored glasses too..) Are the townspeople receptive to tourists or just annoyed?

Lovely photo's on a gorgeous sunny morning.

I would love to go back there. I have been outside the cafe, but it was closed, and I would love to see Nora's house, I believe you can rent it out now as a holiday cottage.

I would love to go there and just visit with the people there. I just picture it as such a sweet town with sweet people. (I wear rose-colored glasses too..) Are the townspeople receptive to tourists or just annoyed?
I always sit on a bench with my dogs and have a natter with the locals, i've always found them a friendly lot. We sometimes stay at the campsite up the road[has been used in a few episodes] in our campervan and have had some good nights out at the Picturedrome and local pubs.

We sometimes stay at the campsite up the road[has been used in a few episodes] in our campervan and have had some good nights out at the Picturedrome and local pubs.

We have always stayed at the Springfield guest house on Huddersfield road
just across from The Postcard pub, but we do like the beer at The Nook.
We used to visit the hotel often for beer and a bar meal, but last time
it was looking a bit posh.

Ferret, thank you posting these. For all of us in the US, and for some of us who might never make it to Holmfirth. It is very nice to it in pictures, at different angles, different times of the year and such. Very kind to share with all of us.

great photos.....I retired a couple of months ago and one present was a ticket for two to go on the summer wine bus tour,,,not used it yet but something to definitely look forward to.. :)

Ferret, thank you posting these. For all of us in the US, and for some of us who might never make it to Holmfirth. It is very nice to it in pictures, at different angles, different times of the year and such. Very kind to share with all of us.

I agree - I would love to visit but I don't know that I would ever make it.
Thank you so much for sharing :)

Back