Holmfirth Picture #3

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Its location is at the top of the stairs that run up past the church from the Cafe Square. I nearly bought one of these houses back in the 80's, but after looking at the home we gave it a miss due to the place never getting any sunshine, and access during bad weather would be difficult.
There is a story that goes with the picture that the BBC was going to use this spot in the show, so the owners cleaned away all the overgrown weeds etc, when the BBC came back they decided it looked to tidy for them to use

Behind the Church 1984.jpg

so the owners cleaned away all the overgrown weeds etc, when the BBC came back they decided it looked to tidy for them to use

To pacify the BBC I imagine if you rang around some Landscape Gardeners with a request for help with an Emergency job and replied to the question "Can you explain what you require ?" with "I would like you to come around and replant all the weeds I have dug up from the front garden" the reaction would be this is a Wind up and they' put the phone down or just not reply to your Email. :)

To pacify the BBC I imagine if you rang around some Landscape Gardeners with a request for help with an Emergency job and replied to the question "Can you explain what you require ?" with "I would like you to come around and replant all the weeds I have dug up from the front garden" the reaction would be this is a Wind up and they' put the phone down or just not reply to your Email. :)
I'm a landscape gardener and a few years ago we had a job working on the Grand National tv advert. We were part of a team that built the set for the horses to plough through. The set was built on a large empty piece of grass on an estate in Liverpool. ,We had to turf over a road, plant a huge vegetable plot, dig a pond etc. When i first turned up at the site with the other lads i thought someone was having a laugh at our expense...tons of soil to turf over a road, erect a greenhouse etc. We gave the locals all the vegetables after filming:37:

Back