Holmfirth and Yorkshire Picture #54

Are they, what I consider blights on our wonderful landscape , Wind Turbines in the background ,its hard to be sure . If they are , what a desecration of our wonderful countryside . I know people believe that we need to be greener in our energy but the numbers of wind turbines have grown exponentially to the point of saturation and not only are our beauty spots inland hit , a number of our headlands and beach areas are festooned with them . The alternatives are not palatable but given a choice personally I'd rather reduce the use of wind turbines because of the aesthetic impact they have on our landscape.

Are they, what I consider blights on our wonderful landscape , Wind Turbines in the background ,its hard to be sure . If they are , what a desecration of our wonderful countryside . I know people believe that we need to be greener in our energy but the numbers of wind turbines have grown exponentially to the point of saturation and not only are our beauty spots inland hit , a number of our headlands and beach areas are festooned with them . The alternatives are not palatable but given a choice personally I'd rather reduce the use of wind turbines because of the aesthetic impact they have on our landscape.
What are the alternatives that would quickly move Great Britain to 100% renewable energy? Individual efforts like my roof full of solar panels (moving the US in that direction) are merely a drop in the bucket.

My concern is that every corner on every road you turn there is a wind Turbine blighting our landscape and at present that offers up 15 % of our renewable and to me it already seems to have reached saturation point . Our population and reliance on power has grown exponentially and its seems that Wind power is fighting a losing battle . I don't have the answers , when I look at the amount of gadgets and installations that need power I just find it all disheartening . Our cities are starting to embrace the ills of Time Square neon advertising displays as far as the eye can see . So many people walking around with power hungry appliances such as a mobile phones and yes home use of computers [like the one wot I am using now] , entertainment mediums and gadgets absolutely decimate any chance of getting on top of solving the renewable energy quandary and it is just demoralising :(

Back