Holmfirth and Yorkshire Picture #53

Here is a couple of screenshots Peri from another angle so Nora's is just 15 yards down on the right of this street as the second picture shows which is Hollowgate. If you cross the bridge the Elephant and Castle is in front of you and if you turn left and keep walking past all the Cafe's etc you eventually come to Towngate off which is the square where Sid's Cafe is

noras.jpg

noras2.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a couple of screenshots Peri from another angle so Nora's is just 15 yards down on the right of this street as the second picture shows which is Hollowgate. If you cross the bridge the Elephant and Castle is in front of you and if you turn left and keep walking past all the Cafe's etc you eventually come to Towngate off which is the square where Sid's Cafe is

View attachment 3550

View attachment 3551
Thanks for the pics Captain. I know that area very well and have been there many times. Terry got me discombobulated by saying that it was the back of Nora's house. Around here we always say that the door which opens near the road is the front of the house, so, what's that stuff you're drinking Terry? :08:

Thanks for the pics Captain. I know that area very well and have been there many times. Terry got me discombobulated by saying that it was the back of Nora's house. Around here we always say that the door which opens near the road is the front of the house, so, what's that stuff you're drinking Terry? :08:
Nora's house opens on Scarfold, so the side facing Woodhead Road is the back of the house, although it's the front of the shop in that side of the building. The ground floor of Nora's house doesn't fill the entire depth of the building — there's a shop facing Woodhead Road. The bedrooms on the second (top) floor use the entire depth of the building, though. I don't remember whether or not the lounge, on the first floor, uses the entire depth.

It's that stuff you sent me Peri, you said it worked okay for you

Back