Holmfirth and Yorkshire in IMDb

Most times it was a "blink and you'll miss it " , but the Holmefirth paper appeared quite a few times .(library etc):)

Imagine Sid's Fish and Chip Bus was adorned with pages of the local paper to rap up the Fish and Chips well it was of a time before the shops used plastic or cardboard boxes .

At first I thought this might be an episode I could have missed. Turns out it is also know as The New Mobile Trio. I had not noticed the origins of the newspaper. Good eye you have. I should pay more attention to the finer details at times. :)

My point was: Does it not seem that the IMDb people are not aware that Holmfirth is in Yorkshire -- or have I got it all wrong...

(English is not my native language, and I do not live in UK)

pekka

My point was: Does it not seem that the IMDb people are not aware that Holmfirth is in Yorkshire -- or have I got it all wrong...

(English is not my native language, and I do not live in UK)

pekka

You got it right. I have no idea where IMDb is based, but regardless of where it is we might reasonably expect them to know the geography of the areas they write about.

It’s like Wikipedia, meaning someone contributed that incorrect info. There is probably a way to either fix it or point out the mistake.

I believe IMDB is based in the USA, they also rely on input from outside sources for film & TV info, it is a great site though for data for the industry

Back