Holidays

Firstly I am getting annoyed that you have to login every time you come to this forum.

We already had two holidays this year so far. For New Year as usual we went to London. The Queen was out so we had to go to a hotel. For Easter we went to Benidorm and in mid July we are going to Sorrento, Italy. We also take the last one of the year in late August but do not know yet where we are going.

Never been to the Canary Islands. Must be beautiful..

Just booked a cruise - to the Baltic. Relatively small ship so in one direction we will transit the Kiel Canal which I have not done before. Some great ports including three not visited by us before.

Sadly I do not expect we will have the lovely Minxie on the same cruise this time.

We're going to Inverness in 2 weeks 4 days and 12 hours. (Not that I'm counting or anything) ;D

My wife is from Kenya and has been in the US for 7 years. We will visit her homeland as a family and see her family in the Nairobi area as well as do the wildlife safari and spend time on the coast.

It will be a great adventure for my five-year old who is interested in wildlfe and geography. However, I am especially dreading the long flights with my demanding two-year old. The long bus rides with the two-year old will be challenging as well!!!!

I forgot to mention that my wife has a friend in England (I believe the Somerset/Bristol area). One day when we visit I will rent a car and drive to Holmsfirth for a few days. However, that time is not yet.

We're going to Inverness in 2 weeks 4 days and 12 hours. (Not that I'm counting or anything) ;D

Interesting - I am off to Inverness (only for a couple of days) on Friday week. Well, Torridon for one day and Inverness the next. According to weather forecast, more snow on the way for high ground.

Lucky you Big Unc thats my perfect weather ;D We're planning a day to Torridon we're going to the deer museum there ;)

What an assortment of holidays all over the place. Great... I am sure we will have all kind of stories to tell when we return. Enjoy!!!!!

I teach Tai Chi in my spare time and hope to go on a retreat up in the mountains somewhere near Nerja in Spain in July.

Instead of Holmfirth this year, we are going to stay on the
North Carolina coast. Wonderful beaches on the Atlantic,
but with warmer waters than up north.

Instead of Holmfirth this year, we are going to stay on the
North Carolina coast. Wonderful beaches on the Atlantic,
but with warmer waters than up north.

We enjoy going to the Cavalier Hotel in Kill Devil Hills in North Carolina's Outer Banks. Ocean City, Maryland is the big beach place reasonably close to us, but my wife strongly prefers making the extra long trip to North Carolina's Outer Banks.

I did two really stupid tourist moves last time. 1. I tried driving my little sedan of a car on one of the sand paths in one of the islands (got stuck). 2. We went to the bay side of the Outer Banks without Mosquito Repellent!

Been to the Outer Banks. Starting to get a bit crowded.

We found a small, very old cottage on the southern end
of Topsail (way away from the big condos) near the
fish market, right on the beach.

Big Unc, I am so jealous as sadly I shall not be with you in person, but definitely in spirit.
I am off to Brighton for a girlie break in June, and possibly a canal boat holiday in Sept.

We are selling our house and following our dream of living on a house boat, so all pennies are being redirected to that and not a cruise sadly, but who knows next year!!!!

Only. to Yorkshire no where abroard

I'd LOVE to see Yorkshire! I've always been told my maternal grandmother's family all came from there. Of course, I'd visit Great Britain for just about anywhere I could go to! :)

Big Unc, I am so jealous as sadly I shall not be with you in person, but definitely in spirit.
I am off to Brighton for a girlie break in June, and possibly a canal boat holiday in Sept.

We are selling our house and following our dream of living on a house boat, so all pennies are being redirected to that and not a cruise sadly, but who knows next year!!!!

Made me think of a short TV series David Essex did back in 1988, "The River", with the lovely Katy Murphy.

How come I never get invited on girlie breaks?

Back