Holidays 2012

• Thread starter Chuffer Enwright
  • Start date
C

Chuffer Enwright

With the snow still lying on the ground, thoughts turn to Spring and early Summer and the chance to get away, have any of you got any plans or booked anything yet? I used to be a wanderer in my younger day, but now with my eyes and health the way it is, I stay closer to home out of necessity now, my folks bought a Mobile home last year and we have booked up to go to this place in May, it looks nice, up in the North Yorks area. The scenery looks smashing and suits me fine.

http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/carava...n-sites-and-parks/SiteDetails.aspx?csid=21901

:D Looks a nice place Bob! We are booked for september with our daughter and her feller on one of the Daily Mails cheap midweek breaks . This is all the money will allow us this year unless the lottery comes up. We have been on bigger holidays with our daughter but she got made redundant so she is poor too ::) We've timed it to go with our 47th anniversary ( we'll save up for a big hol for our 50th instead of a party!! ;D

Yeah, it looks a grand place Dick, did you watch the youtube clip on the page?
I know what you mean about money being tight, those offers in the paper are good if you can drop on one that suits, we went to Wales on an offer last year and it was nice.
Im not married and since things went down the pan last year I cant work for a while, so Im reliant upon my folks for trips out now, but Im looking forward to the fresh air in N Yorks.
Cor blimey, 47th anniversary eh? Thats nearly 3 life sentences mate!!!

We will be in Holmfirth, Hawes, and Haworth sometime
in April. Flight, B&Bs, and self-catering already booked.

Hopefully early enuff this year that there will be a few dark
ales on.

We will be in Holmfirth, Hawes, and Haworth sometime
in April. Flight, B&Bs, and self-catering already booked.

Hopefully early enuff this year that there will be a few dark
ales on.

That sounds smashing Chuck, a real good break. We looked at places in the Caravan Club around the area, but all the sites seemed to be without a Shower/Toilet block facility. Being the youngest I always get the outside sleeping gig, which I dont mind at all, but when you're in a motor home, it means that you're reliant on your own facilities and the third berth and the indoor shower arrangements aren't geared up for someone who is 6ft 3 ins and of a meaty build, so we wont be going anywhere near Holmfirth in the Van.

We have no plans for any holidays this year, money is really tight for us now. I lost my job last year which practically gutted my family income, got employed again (still decorating) but on a lesser wage.
Mind we did have a short break last year on a caravan site which was great the kids really enjoyed themselves.

Caravan holidays are fantastic i don't care what anyone says, been going on them from the age of 4, i'm now 27 and still nothing beats them. We always stayed in the static caravans.

Enjoy all of your holidays folks :)

We have no plans for any holidays this year, money is really tight for us now. I lost my job last year which practically gutted my family income, got employed again (still decorating) but on a lesser wage.
Mind we did have a short break last year on a caravan site which was great the kids really enjoyed themselves.

Caravan holidays are fantastic i don't care what anyone says, been going on them from the age of 4, i'm now 27 and still nothing beats them. We always stayed in the static caravans.

Enjoy all of your holidays folks :)

That is a sad, but recurring story mate. My Dad sold his car and I sold some stuff so we could get the mobile Van and have some small breaks, but what it does is make you appreciate what is nearby. I quite like the kipping outdoors thing now, Im too old for SAS conditions, but sleeping out in the nice weather and watching the birds and wildlife come and go is really rewarding.

We looked at places in the Caravan Club around the area,

Not sure about the H'firth area, but I know of a small caravan
park just outside of Hawes in Gale (at least it was there last
time we were in Gale). Looked nice, and not too crowded.

Easy walking distance into Hawes, or up onto Weatherfell
(think that's the one).

chuck

??? ??? Just had an email from one of our local pub chains telling me they still have a few places for Christmas Dinner and New years Eve?? As the Americans would say" go figure!" ::) I know they like you to book early for the holiday season but............??

Back