hi ,

manwinoname

Dedicated Member
hi everyone , i live in slaithwaite in the next valley to summer wine , they did lots of filming in our village and of course Marsden village also in our valley, got lots of memories of watching them film the series, im looking forward to reading this forum

Warm welcome manwinoname. Hoping you really enjoy your stay. Lots to see and please join in with our discussions.
:D

A very warm welcome Manwinoname great to have you on board so lucky to live in a location where our beloved show was shot . I am sure the members would love to hear your memories of the filming really looking forward to hopefully seeing your posts .:)

Greets and Welcome! :18:

Glad to have you at the forums. How is it living in Summer Wine country? I am envious if it is half as pretty as it is on TV.

manwinoname, are you a Sergio Leone / spaghetti western / Clint Eastwood fan? Just curious by you call sign. ;)

Cheers,
Rick

hi rick , i live in slaithwaite or slawit as us locals call it , its in the colne valley wereas summer wine is the holme valley next to us , they did film a lot in this valley , marsden and our village , indeed auntie wainwrights shop was in marsden , its a lovely area to live in yes , hard going in winter with these steep lanes up the valley sides
the itv show , home is were the heart is was filmed in slawit right here were i live , remember that show ? my house was on the opening shots every show , now ive been in that show just as a crowd extra,
i love the spaghetti westerns yes , hence my name ,, pleased to meet you , im still finding my feet on here but i like it so far , seem a friendly bunch

Howdo, pleased to meet you! We can always use any extra info. I came to Holmefirth and did the bus tour some time ago. I don't get out so much these days so have to rely on family to arrange trips. Any pictures could be most welcome please .:)

Hi no name,

Thanks for the correct pronunciation of your town. I would have gotten the first half right but mispronounced the last half. Would have said wait instead of wit. I recognize the place from looking at maps of the Marsden / Holmfirth area. Including the awesome map on this site. It's one of the places I plan to visit.

I looked up the show Where the Heart is and saw a couple short clips on youtube. The countryside does look very pretty in the intro. I recognized a few of the actors in it too. Seems more like a drama type that deals with serious issues instead of a mostly light hearted comedy type show. Saw a clip where Sheridan Smith (Two Pints Lager Packet Crisps / Dark Ages) played the run away Vicki. The lady nurse who shared the house in Men Behaving Badly was trying to help her out. Seemed similar to a Ballykissangel, Monarch of the Glenn, Doc Martin kinda show that has humor but also deals with serious topics. May be off a bit on my shows for comparison purposes.

Glad to hear you like the spaghetti westerns. I grew up loving those. Now that I am older I can appreciate the camera artistry, story telling and musical scores better.

We are a friendly, informal bunch here - a great place to be. Kick your shoes off and make yourself at home. Mind you just don't let Pearl catch ya with yer feet on the table though - she don't like that.

As Dick mentioned any pics you feel like sharing of the area or Summer Wine stuff would be great.

A Very Warm welcome aboard, I meet Ron at the pub several times and a few years later on the Market, happy days

hi captain , yes Marsden is featured a lot in LOSW, Auntie Wainwrights shop , lots of street scenes filmed in this village to ,
i have been numerous times to the jazz festival , i choose gigs i want to see , usualy around the pubs , cafes and working mens clubs but they do have headline acts in the mechanics hall , , need to buy a ticket of course for the headline acts and theyre usualy sold out early , gets very busy around the village on this weekend ,, i would think accomadation will be a problem, but this village has great rail and bus links ,,, its a great weekend with jazz morning till late at night

When you watch the episodes you can see that Marsden and nearby was probably used more than Holmfirth, in fact out of a six week filming block they hoped to do what they needed in Holmfirth in 3 to 4 days, I often watched at Aunties,again 3-4 days filming at the shop, and there was so many short scenes filmed you had no idea what went in which episode

Thanks for the info Manwino and Terry I was just checking it was " our Marsden" because there are a few dotted around the country sounds a great weekend .

Back