Hi everyone, newbie here!

Swfcgal

Hi everyone! Newbie here from Sheffield. I’m 37 and have been watching the show since I was in nappies always loved the show, Compo was definitely my favourite, still can’t watch Elegy for Fallen Wellies without welling up . Took my kids to Holmfirth 2 years ago for a tour round and every time we watch an episode they pipe up ‘ooh we’ve been there!’
Thanks for reading!

Hello good afternoon and welcome (sounds familiar ?) Dont believe a word Maltrab (Terry) says . We follow his lead !!:08:

Welcome to the forum SWFCGal it is nice to have you on board . I hope you enjoy your time on the forum and I look forward to your comments on the various threads . If you want to look at places from the show as they were during the episodes and what they are like now then the Member's photos section is a great place to start as is Terry's [Maltrab] excellent Summerwine map . :)

Hello SWFCGal. Welcome to the group. Now for a bit of sleuthing. The Gal on the end of your name suggests that you are a lady and the SWFC shouts out Sheffield Wednesday Football Club. I used to live in Sheffield, Sicey Avenue, Shiregreen. I couldn't stand the winters there so I moved across the valley to Rotherham:). I am very, mmm, I was going to say old but ancient would be a better description. You sound a real Summer Wine fan and I know that all the barm pots on here will enjoy hearing from someone new. They are not all as old as me, some haven't even reached 90 yet. In the days of yesteryear when I was fit, I used to be a SUFC fan. I'm not keen on football anymore. Tiddleywinks is just about right for me. Look forward to your posts.
Peri.

Nice to see a fellow owl or two on here :37: thanks again for the welcome! I’ll put a few pics on in the morning from when we visited. We didn’t manage to get on the tour bus though, my autistic lad wouldn’t wait for the next one due, although he was intrigued when we went into the Summer Wine exhibit! My youngest dressed up in Compo’s hat and wellies and loved the whole experience.:)

Back