Hi all

Moonraker

I can recall first watching LOTSW around 1976.
I intend to visit the location, Holmfirth next week

I can recall first watching LOTSW around 1976.
I intend to visit the location, Holmfirth next week
Welcome to the forum Moonraker, if you're visitng Holmfirth make sure you check out the amazing map on this site which highlights many of the places used for filming.

Welcome to the forum Moonraker, it's nice to see you have found us, have a great time in Holmfirth

Welcome to the forum Moonraker.
Have you been to Holmfirth before or will this be your first trip there?
I'm hoping to go in September, it will be my 9th or 10th time! That's how much I love the place! :)

Last edited:
Hello and Welcome Moonraker. You should find,quite easily,the most famous places like The Cafe, Nora's house, Compo's house, Cleggy's and Howard's old houses but, excuse me for saying this, you won't find James Bond's House.

Welcome to the forum Moonraker.
Have you been to Holmfirth before or will this be your first trip there?
I'm hoping to go in September, it will be my 9th or 10th time! That's how much I love the place! :)
It will be my first time. We were at the Yorkshire Dales some time back, but did not get the chance to go. Besides, I was accompanied with my wife and three children; I don't think it's their cup of tea.
Looking to go next week, when the weather is good.
Just purchased the complete series. Will watch it when I exercise at home. Also, the book on kindle, which will be read as soon as I finish reading biography of Bruce Lee.

Hello and Welcome Moonraker. You should find,quite easily,the most famous places like The Cafe, Nora's house, Compo's house, Cleggy's and Howard's old houses but, excuse me for saying this, you won't find James Bond's House.
Yes, sorry about the odd user name, but it was a film I recall seeing at the cinema when it first aired. Also, I like anything to do with the Moon.

It will be my first time. We were at the Yorkshire Dales some time back, but did not get the chance to go. Besides, I was accompanied with my wife and three children; I don't think it's their cup of tea.
Looking to go next week, when the weather is good.
Just purchased the complete series. Will watch it when I exercise at home. Also, the book on kindle, which will be read as soon as I finish reading biography of Bruce Lee.

Be advised Moonraker that Holmfirth is on lockdown again, so very limited in what you can do, I was going the following week but have cancelled

I hope all Yorkshire isn't on lockdown, I'm due to go to Whitby in a few weeks after a far too long hiatus!

This lockdown business is really starting to depress me, they're balancing things on a knife edge to try and find a happy medium between the economy and keeping the infection rates down. I've read today they are pretty much at the limit and even may have to re-close pubs to balance out opening schools in September.

This lockdown business is really starting to depress me, they're balancing things on a knife edge to try and find a happy medium between the economy and keeping the infection rates down. I've read today they are pretty much at the limit and even have to re-close pubs to balance out opening schools in September.

If under 11's don't have to wear a mask in a supermarkets, they can damn well go to school, all the local supermarkets had plenty of them running wild in our local town shops this week

Back