Helpful Tips

dick

LOTSW Fanatic
We have had a new boiler installed(combi) and it was bothering me the amount of water we have to run off before the hot water reaches the kitchen sink.The boiler was installed in the old airing cupboard on the landing upstairs. My daughter said " why dont we get a water butt and and collect the cold water in a bowl , put it in the water butt and use it on the garden?? " So simple and it helps my conscience about running the water . Its not wasted anymore! ;D

We have had a new boiler installed(combi) and it was bothering me the amount of water we have to run off before the hot water reaches the kitchen sink.The boiler was installed in the old airing cupboard on the landing upstairs. My daughter said " why dont we get a water butt and and collect the cold water in a bowl , put it in the water butt and use it on the garden?? " So simple and it helps my conscience about running the water . Its not wasted anymore! ;D

All the homes here have combi boilers,some like ours run the hot water to taps very quickly others take a while for no reason,a better idea would be like the Euro plumbing where the hot running water is pumped,like the central heating and there is no delay in getting hot water to taps,and no wastage,how it is done I am not sure,but it works very well

We invested in LED lighting for 99% of the house about 4 years ago,all the 50 watt GU10 and similar lamps were replaced by 3-5 watt LED, the lamps back then cost £7-£9 each and are still working fine,these days you can buy them for £3-£4 each if you don't buy them from the likes of B&Q, our electricity bill dropped like a brick and they use a lot less power than the compact florescent type and no warm up time,you can buy most style bulbs in LED these days

Back