hello

hello there,, i first started watching Last of the summer wine when the pilot went out, i was 7 at the time, i vaguely remember the episode from that time but more remember my dads comments on the countryside and how it reminded him of going to Widnes away matches, lots of rugby league towns are based in Yorkshire, Halifax, huddersfield Keighley etc, and we always drove through the pennines to get to these places.
As a family we watched summer wine all throught the seventies eighties and nineties and i still watch it practically ever day even now, although i must admit and i know this might differ from a lot of forum members that i gave up on it after Bill Owen died, i tried to carry on with the new episodes but for me Tom Owen was terrible and i thought he ruined it, sorry!!!, there were other new cast members that ruined it aswell and these were axed, i loved Bert Qwouk in the pink panther films but i didnt like him in summer wine, anyway enough of my negativeness.
I have been to Holmfirth at least 10 times and stayed for a few days on at leat 5 occasions, i have taken quite a lot of photos and would like to share them on the forum, i am not sure wether i can upload them or wether i have to put them on a hosting site first.
Anyway this is a fab forum , very friendly and very informative aswell, thanks a lot,, Brian

hello there,, i first started watching Last of the summer wine when the pilot went out, i was 7 at the time, i vaguely remember the episode from that time but more remember my dads comments on the countryside and how it reminded him of going to Widnes away matches, lots of rugby league towns are based in Yorkshire, Halifax, huddersfield Keighley etc, and we always drove through the pennines to get to these places.
As a family we watched summer wine all throught the seventies eighties and nineties and i still watch it practically ever day even now, although i must admit and i know this might differ from a lot of forum members that i gave up on it after Bill Owen died, i tried to carry on with the new episodes but for me Tom Owen was terrible and i thought he ruined it, sorry!!!, there were other new cast members that ruined it aswell and these were axed, i loved Bert Qwouk in the pink panther films but i didnt like him in summer wine, anyway enough of my negativeness.
I have been to Holmfirth at least 10 times and stayed for a few days on at leat 5 occasions, i have taken quite a lot of photos and would like to share them on the forum, i am not sure wether i can upload them or wether i have to put them on a hosting site first.
Anyway this is a fab forum , very friendly and very informative aswell, thanks a lot,, Brian

Welcome aboard Brian,we would love to see your photo's and it would be best to host them first as there are limitations to size just posting them directly,I suspect this is to stop the sql database getting clogged down,if you need help send me a PM, Terry

Welcome Brian,

Thanks for sharing. I really enjoy hearing about the background of how fellow members first caught on to Summer Wine. Being American, I discovered it by accident five years ago when I was 31 as it preceded Keeping Up Appearances (which I always recorded). It has forever changed my thoughts on an ideal retirement!

Welcome aboard, Brian!
I share codfanglers´opinion, I´m German and only found LOTSW about 4 years ago when I was 28.

Back