Hello from Tennessee!

MelMyers

My first experience with this wonderful show was in a hotel room, where PBS was the only clear station. And the episode was perfect to hook me- The Space Ace, with the wheelie bin.

I‘m finally settling in to watch all the episodes in order; just finished Season 8. I’m surprised how affected I was by losing Sid; he was a favorite.

And I’m a little ashamed to admit I never knew Howard and Marina never….until a friend told me. Knowing that, their elation ship is even funnier!

Welcome, if you started with The Space Ace starting from episode one must have been a shock but that's the best place to start. Sid was definitely a big loss.

My first experience with this wonderful show was in a hotel room, where PBS was the only clear station. And the episode was perfect to hook me- The Space Ace, with the wheelie bin.

I‘m finally settling in to watch all the episodes in order; just finished Season 8. I’m surprised how affected I was by losing Sid; he was a favorite.

And I’m a little ashamed to admit I never knew Howard and Marina never….until a friend told me. Knowing that, their elation ship is even funnier!

Welcome aboard, MelMyers. The more fans this superb show gets the better. :)

Stephen !!!!!!......welcome back my friend !!!!!....you have been much missed by us all !!!.
I actually did a post asking has anyone heard from you !!!!.
I am SO HAPPY you have returned to your "SUMMERWINE FAMILY"
Loads of love,
Keith.
x!

Sorry, Keith, only just noticed your reply. Oops! :fp: Many apologies. Thank you very much for that, though.That's really sweet of you. Xxx I've missed being on the site, there's no doubt about that. I shall just have to up my contributions as I am seriously lagging behind now. Lol

Love, Stephen.

My absolute pleasure my friend !!!.
We are one big family and are always here for each other.
I knew I spoke for everyone when I said you have been missed by us all !!!.
WELCOME HOME !!!!.......I look forward to reading more of your lovely posts !!!
X!

Welcome. Yorkshire is the largest county in England but Tennessee is 8 times larger than it. Nearly all of the LOTSW was filmed in a small area of the West Riding of Yorkshire. If you look on Google Earth or Members Map you will see the small area.

I’m surprised how affected I was by losing Sid; he was a favorite.
Same, I'm doing a straight through all episodes/specials in order and really miss Sid, even more than Wally (who I was really happy got to spend his last season with a furbuddy:) but am where other favorites Howard & Marina and Auntie Wainwright have joined. In the many years of catching episodes as I can I've never seen the one dealing with Compo's death and I know I'm going to be a blubbering mess when it comes.

I was offline for a while, but I’m back, and my household has started over again. We watch two episodes every evening at bedtime, to get us all ready for sleep. So, I’ve just seen Blamire’s last, and Foggy’s first. I don’t see how Clegg kept a straight face as long as he did…he was so overjoyed to have someone who would provide them with silliness…

AND, I just got a copy of the prequel series from EBay! I plan to watch The First series this weekend..

AND, I just got a copy of the prequel series from EBay! I plan to watch The First series this weekend..
Absolutely love First of the Summer Wine, when you've watched it come back and let us know what you think.
Don't expect to much in the way of continuity just view it has a series.

Season 8 is a gem! Welcome, Mel. My family just visited the Smoky Mountains while on a road trip. They are beautiful!!!!!!

Back