Hello from NC

Marc_NC

Hello all,
I discovered this forum a couple weeks ago and have been lurking a while, and I finally decided to join. I got started watching LOTSW about 11 years ago or so when it was on North Carolina's PBS station. They stopped airing it not too long after that and I sort of drifted away from the show until they started airing it again a few years ago (and stopped again...sigh).

I have just rekindled my love of the series recently and finally decided to start getting some of the DVD releases so I can see all the episodes the PBS station never gets around to airing. So I definitely haven't seen the entire series yet and it may be a long time before I see them all. But I'm currently watching a lot of good episodes for the first time and really enjoying them, and I hope I will enjoy discussing them here with all of you.

Welcome Marc, its good to hear from you. We're all friendly, even though we some of us may not appear so, you'll get used to the British sense of humour, most of you lovely Americans do. :D We're looking forward to hearing your views about the show and anything else you want to do discuss.

If you need anything translating just ask we're very happy to help. :D

Welcome Marc , Pearl and Amos are right we are very friendly. All age groups are here , all ages too. Hope you enjoy your stay:17:

A very warm welcome from south central upstate New York. You're so lucky that your PBS station broadcasts Last of the Summer Wine, even if it's only intermittently. Mine broadcast a season or two several years ago, but nothing since then.

If you haven't yet seen all of the seasons that have been released so far on DVD, you're in for a treat.

Marianna

Great to have you here Marc.Welcome
icon7.png

Welcome Marc you have the joy of discovering all those episodes for the first time,then you can do what a lot of us do,watch them time and time again

Howdy neighbor! Lol I'm from SC but I have family in NC! Lol I'm Holly and I tend to disappear for weeks at a time, but welcome to the forum anyway! Lol :)

Thanks to everyone for being very welcoming! I've posted in some other forums (not for LOTSW) that were pretty much the opposite of welcoming, so it's nice to see the entire internet hasn't gone barmy.

A very warm welcome from south central upstate New York. You're so lucky that your PBS station broadcasts Last of the Summer Wine, even if it's only intermittently. Mine broadcast a season or two several years ago, but nothing since then.

I wish ours would show it more often. I can't remember exactly the last time it was on, but it's been a few years...probably around 2009 or so since it's been on here. They have had "Keeping Up Appearances" (which I also like) on pretty much non-stop for as long as I can remember, but I don't think they've ever aired LOTSW for more than 2 years in a row.

Yes, welcome to the forum Marc. I am also from NC, here
in Durham.

I'm in the Western end of the state, about 4 hours or so from Durham, so we're almost neighbors :biggrin:

Marc, I thought that the Charlotte PBS TV station was still
airing LOTSW. Our UNC-TV station has not carried it for
years.

Fortunately I have all of the episodes in one form or other
(I recently scanned all the DVDs as AVI files that take
up so much less room and play from a flash drive thru
the DVD player to the TV).

Marc, I thought that the Charlotte PBS TV station was still
airing LOTSW. Our UNC-TV station has not carried it for years.

Well, I just learned something new. I had no idea that Charlotte has a PBS station. I thought UNC-TV was the only one in NC. We only get UNC-TV here. I was recording the show back when UNC-TV last aired it, but they only went as far as "Catching Digby's Donkey."

Well, I just learned something new. I had no idea that Charlotte has a PBS station. I thought UNC-TV was the only one in NC. We only get UNC-TV here. I was recording the show back when UNC-TV last aired it, but they only went as far as "Catching Digby's Donkey."

Love that episode. ;D

Until recently you could watch them on Youtube but they were taken down a few weeks ago.

Marc_NC
Thanks to everyone for being very welcoming! I've posted in some other forums (not for LOTSW) that were pretty much the opposite of welcoming, so it's nice to see the entire internet hasn't gone barmy.

I don't understand why some forums are like that, you'll find most of us are very friendly and enjoy each others company. :D

Iowa PBS

All of you Yanks should move to Iowa. Our PBS broadcasts LOTSW every Saturday night and then repeats it on Tuesday evening at 10:30 pm. If that doesn't work for you, come by my house. I have the entire series on DVD as well as a goodly number of other Britcoms. Did I say my wife of 51 years thinks I'm nuts?

There are still many old shows on You Tube as well. I am into the Perils of PC Penrose, or Rosie as it is sometimes listed.

I hope you are all well and preparing for winter, it will be here way too soon. Cheerio.

All of you Yanks should move to Iowa. Our PBS broadcasts LOTSW every Saturday night and then repeats it on Tuesday evening at 10:30 pm. If that doesn't work for you, come by my house. I have the entire series on DVD as well as a goodly number of other Britcoms. Did I say my wife of 51 years thinks I'm nuts?

There are still many old shows on You Tube as well. I am into the Perils of PC Penrose, or Rosie as it is sometimes listed.

I hope you are all well and preparing for winter, it will be here way too soon. Cheerio.

I am jealous. Here I come Sewellb. I'll bring the sticky buns! :)

Back