Health Update

George

Super Moderator
As we are like family I thought I'd update you on things.
I went to see the consultant today and he is starting the ball rolling for me to be considered for a lung transplant.
He says I must lose some weight and attend 6 weeks of pulmonary rehab to strengthen the muscles needed to cope with an operation of that size and everything that follows.I have lost 7-8lbs in 8 weeks so far and the rehab starts on Thursday afternoon.
So folks it seems I'm under starters orders

Glad to hear that you have the starters orders , and that is you are on your way. Good luck, George, and thanks for the update. Prayers.

George

our thoughts and prayers are with you: sounds like major surgery but losing the weight in short time is good work so trust all goes well.

Keep us posted, my friend

How are you George.

Not too bad,thanks Amoss.
I went to my first pulmonary rehab yesterday (Thursday) and managed the exercises without my oxygen levels dropping too low.Although I felt totally drained at the end I thoroughly enjoyed it.I'm looking forward to going back on Monday afternoon.On Monday morning I have to go for a full 3D chest scan.So a busy day ahead.

Wow, George it looks like you have a lot going on.
You can do this my friend!
Letting you know our thoughts and prayers are with you!

George update

I've missed you dear George! I will support you with prayer and many
good thoughts!

Went for my scan this morning.We thought we'd get there nice and early and it turns out I was also down for an ultra sound scan,which I knew nothing about.Everything was okay with the ultra sound except would you believe I have gallstones.
I have to wait for the result of the chest scan.

Thank you so much for the good wishes and prayers.I really do appreciate them. x

I was going to like this post but then I thought " What if it looks like I'm liking the fact he has gallstones?" So I'm telling you I like this post EXCEPT the bit about the gallstones. :35:

2 more appointments for next week.On Tuesday I go for an ECG and on Wednesday an Endoscopy.
They certainly aren't messing about.
I don't know whether to be pleased or worried lol

Back