Have u ever watched LOTSW in black and white

E

Eli Thingy

i just wondered with modern day techniques it is possible 2 watch LOTSW in black and white, has any1 apart from me tried it, i have watched the blamire episodes in black and white and they seem 2 work better 4 me like tht but 4 some reason the ones after that dont seem 2 work in black and white.

We didn't get our first colour tv until about 1977.
Football was better like that too lol

a bit before my time george, i only just realised people might not have had colour tv's when summer wine was first on in the 70's and 80's, wel i got some stuff on dvd in black and white and some stuff works well but im defo in the colour camp 4 footie

For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the ones with the ball and in the lead ;)

Wish we still had the ball, wish we still had the lead. Lets hope for better things next season, yeah? You'll Never Walk Alone, Chuffer, You'll Never Walk Alone.

Snooker used to be a nightmare in black and white.The commentator Ted Lowe once said"Davis needs the last red behind the black" in black and white and the long shot of the table they were all the same which one is the red!!! :)

Wish we still had the ball, wish we still had the lead. Lets hope for better things next season, yeah? You'll Never Walk Alone, Chuffer, You'll Never Walk Alone.

Very true Rhi. It's a season of walking into the unknown this time. It could be good, it could also be very, very bad. We shall see.

You're right, Chuffer. But like I always say, their my team, win or lose. Walk on.

i agree with chuffer 4 u liverpool fans its a bit of an unknown this season, as for my team its a return 2 europe for the first time in 5 years, quite apt this topic started about black and white seeing thts my teams colours, howay the lads

I think we might see abit of stylish football at Anfield for the first time in a while, but whether it has any penetration and threat is another story. We are about 3 first teamers away from challenging for top 4, maybe more. I think this is going to be season of reconstruction number 23.
Sadly, I fear that top 6 is all we are looking at.
Eli, do you reckon the Mags will push on this season? Or was last season a blip? Hard to say for me, you overachieved well last season, I hope you do well, I like Newcastle, the people and have no issue with the club....apart from the owner obviously.

I think we might see abit of stylish football at Anfield for the first time in a while, but whether it has any penetration and threat is another story. We are about 3 first teamers away from challenging for top 4, maybe more. I think this is going to be season of reconstruction number 23.
Sadly, I fear that top 6 is all we are looking at.
Eli, do you reckon the Mags will push on this season? Or was last season a blip? Hard to say for me, you overachieved well last season, I hope you do well, I like Newcastle, the people and have no issue with the club....apart from the owner obviously.

if rodgers can get u playing in the style he is use 2 u cud see some very good footie at anfield this year, i gotta disagree with that tho i think ur 4 or 5 away from the top 4 atm cause even tho he's a gud player gerrard is getting on and u need a world class replacement for him, i agree it might b a season of rebuilding 4 u again, i think if u get top 6 and europe again it will have been a gud season, ive got nothing agaist liverpool espec after that 35 million u gave us 4 carroll.
tbh i think this season is gonna be difficult 4 us, people will have sussed our players out and we dont seem 2 b getting anywhere in the market yet, ahowever if we go out of europe early we might get a place again in europa threw the league but if we have a decent cup run in europe we wont get a place threw the league, i hope we do well but it depends on our european campaign, if we have a euro run i wil settle 4 top 10 if we go out early i will say aim 4 euro qualifcation again, no our fans are very friendly but even now a lot seemed 2 have mellowed on ashley, then again if we have a disaster in europe and the league the fans will soon turn on him lol

I remember a series with a man called Fyfe Robertson. I think that was his name. Scottish. Lovely voice. I can only remember his voice and black and white scenery.

I remember a series with a man called Fyfe Robertson. I think that was his name. Scottish. Lovely voice. I can only remember his voice and black and white scenery.

I remember him best on the "Tonight" programme back in the fifties/sixties hosted by Cliff Michelmore (what married Jean Metcalfe - remember Family Favourites on the radio Light Programme). What a line up it had: Reporters included Alan Whicker, Fyfe Robertson, Kenneth Allsop, Chris Brasher, Julian Pettifer, Brian Redhead and Polly Elwes.

I was born the same year as Beatlemania, 1963, so I don't recall the Tonight programme, I think I remember Robertson on a horse. Or maybe I'm just nuts....But I'm sure I remember a horse.

I was born the same year as Beatlemania, 1963, so I don't recall the Tonight programme, I think I remember Robertson on a horse. Or maybe I'm just nuts....But I'm sure I remember a horse.

Well remembered!

"He is chiefly remembered for his association with the BBC programme Tonight. His bearded, haggard face topped by a tweed trilby hat and a slow over-emphatic Scottish voice became well known (usually introducing his reportage with a characteristic "Hellooo therrr, I'm Fyfe Robertson"), which led to parodies on radio comedy shows: firstly by Bill Pertwee on Beyond Our Ken as "Rife Hobertson", and also by Graeme Garden (a fellow Scot) on I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again, who began every item with an alleged Robertson catchphrase "I'm standing here...". For Tonight Robertson travelled widely providing serious stories as well as finding some remarkable eccentrics; he was often described as "our roving reporter".

"When Tonight was replaced by 24 Hours, Robertson continued in his same investigative manner. He presented a series for BBC television, Brush Off the Dust, in which he visited several British museums, commenting on their collections, and in 1975 presented a series, Robbie, which ran for three seasons until 1977.

"Despite being a heavy smoker, he remained in good health and whilst in his late 60s he took part in two exhausting televised expeditions, across the Scottish Highlands on horseback and paddling down the Severn in a canoe."

Wow, you know a lot about him, Big Unc!I should have remembered the canoe, shouldn't I?!!

Wow, you know a lot about him, Big Unc!I should have remembered the canoe, shouldn't I?!!

Your compliment is excessive, Rhi, lovely lady. I just rejoice in the access to knowledge the Internet gives. I do use Wikipedia a lot!

I remember him best on the "Tonight" programme back in the fifties/sixties hosted by Cliff Michelmore (what married Jean Metcalfe - remember Family Favourites on the radio Light Programme). What a line up it had: Reporters included Alan Whicker, Fyfe Robertson, Kenneth Allsop, Chris Brasher, Julian Pettifer, Brian Redhead and Polly Elwes.

Yes I remember him and the others

Back