Have a nice day.

Peripheral

Dedicated Member
Good Day everybody, here's hoping that your day will be sunny, warm and pleasant. I don't think that I will be doing anything different other than sitting and eagerly waiting for your posts to come in. It is a pleasure to read your input. I will be sat here on the settee with my weight mainly on my right butto......just a minute....... Is today's date an even number or an odd number? AHH, it's an even number, the 14th. That means that I will have all my weight on my left buttock. I have to alternate the weight distribution daily on my rear end in order to prevent my backside from going out of shape. I do remember last Christmas inadvertently putting my weight on the same cheek for four days. It was the right cheek and it became so flat that my body was inclined 90 degrees to the right when I sat down. As you can well imagine, this caused quite a few problems and my wife had to pour my drinks in my left ear through a piece of hosepipe and place a bucket under my right ear on account that there is nothing much in between them to absorb all of the liquid. In order to prevent that from happening again I place a drawing pin on the settee in a position that stops me from sitting on the wrong cheek. The only problem I have now is that my backside looks like a teabag.
Tea anyone?:p

A drawing pin is a bit of a severe option to take . Why not make your bottle really like a teabag and rub the contents of some used tea bags on the cheek for each corresponding day . Will it stop you forgetting and ending up leaning adversely to one side ? Most definitely not but Mrs P will be able to see if you are going on a long journey where you will meet a tall female stranger [knowing you it will be an elegant Nurse].......... ;)

A drawing pin is a bit of a severe option to take . Why not make your bottle really like a teabag and rub the contents of some used tea bags on the cheek for each corresponding day . Will it stop you forgetting and ending up leaning adversely to one side ? Most definitely not but Mrs P will be able to see if you are going on a long journey where you will meet a tall female stranger [knowing you it will be an elegant Nurse].......... ;)
Now Captain, what would I do with an pachyderm nurse? ...... Pachyderm? Elephant of course. You said that I might get an elephant nurse....??? OH, ELEGANT NURSE!...... Oops sorry. I've put Victoria's glasses on.:cool:

That well coined phrase "An Elephant never forgets" couldn't be more appropriate , said nurse certainly would never forget the day she met you Peri . I know you've done some acting but pretending you had something in the old mince pies and stealing a quick kiss when she looked in your eye for the offending grit was a bit cheeky but to pretend it was still in there a dozen times is a kiss too far , well to be fair its 12 kisses too far ! :28:

Pachyderm? Elephant of course.

Peri,

Did you know there is a famous stuffed Elephant ,Sir Roger, housed in Kelvingrove Museum in Glasgow . For years Sir Roger was a huge attraction at Glasgow Zoo but apparently he became too Aggressive and was put down but being so popular they decided to stuff him and exhibit him for all to see . Thankfully this reason for his demise only applied to animals otherwise Glasgow would be a ghost town . :)

Using the thread title to share a nice story in the news today . A Chimney sweep company were cleaning a chimney in Workshop and retrieved a singed letter to Santa from 1961 . The search for who it belonged to has been solved . The person Robert Crampton had asked for a cowboy suit , guns and a hat. Now 65 he confirmed his Mum had told him to get his Dad to write it for him as he was a neater writer and it would improve his chances of getting what he wanted if Santa could easily read the note.

When contacted Robert said "I always wanted to be a Sheriff and I have fulfilled my dream as I retired a while back after 30 years as a Policeman"
A great story ! :)

Back