Happy Birthday Frank Thornton

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
I would like to wish Frank a great 91st birthday tomorrow the 15th Jan, just a little older than Peter Sallis

I've written a card for my wife for tomorrow . All I can do is wish Frank Thornton a happy birthday and many more!! ;D

91 years old. That's awesome. As I had off work today I got to enjoy "Who's that with Barry and Glenda?" on Public Television. That aired in 2004 so it was impressive to realize Truly was 83 at the time! Summer wine is on 1:30 PM here and then the TV was left on. "Are You Being Served" comes on at 3. I never got into that show but it is certainly nice to have a strong dose of Frank Thornton on TV!

I recall mentioning one year ago about Frank Thornton's birthday on the old website. I give him so much credit for being so essential in Summer Wine being so strong up until the last couple of Series. People often put the blame on different things regarding the last two years not being so good, and then there is the debate on who was the best "fill in" for Compo. I guess the bottom line is, as long as Peter Sallis and Frank Thornton were able to be the integral part of the show, Summer Wine would always be strong. When they grew older in 2009 and 2010, no matter who they tried to run Summer Wine, it just was't going to be the same.

Happy Be-Lated Birthday Frank Thornton. THANK YOU SO MUCH for the memories of "Truly of the Yard".

I'd like to take this opportunity to send my belated birthday wishes to Frank as well. A fine comedic actor he is indeed. Nobody could have played Captain Peacock and Truly Of The Yard quite like he could. Those characters suited him to a tee.

Frank Thornton cropped up in many tv programmes and films over the years.

He was a recurring guest star in Steptoe and Son, famously the snooty travel agent in the first Christmas special.

He is also famous for the Hancock episode The Blood Donor (what do you want, money?'.

Back