Grease traps

dick

LOTSW Fanatic
:eek: Severn Trent are asking us to put less grease down our drains .My local authority is asking that we rinse food waste out of cans and cartons (margarine cheese spreads etc) How do we keep both authorities happy?? Severn trent suggest using kitchen roll to wipe out the grease The council want no food residue in the recycling cans etc.( Attracts vermin ) ::)

Apologies if I am right but the more I think about it ,we may have covered this before. :-[ ::)

Apologies if I am right but the more I think about it ,we may have covered this before. :-[ ::)

Don't recall it Dick, it seems that each authority has different idea's on what to recycle,some areas go mad and it is 90% of household waste,others on want very clean stuff like newspapers,cardboard and very clean tins,my feeling is if they want tins etc really clean then you have to waste energy using hot water to get them clean

I usually wipe up excess grease with paper towels to avoid too much going down the drain. I just cleaned the dishes after having my potato wedges.