Good day all!

AbelardAbromowitz

Hello. I recently discovered LotSW while digging for British comedies I hadn't seen. I grew up watching Benny Hill, Monty Python, Are You Being Served, The Young Ones, etc. and within recent years had discovered the panel show Would I Lie To You which sent me down a rabbit hole of David Mitchell and Bob Mortimer projects. Peep Show, Back, Reeves and Mortimer, to name a few. Then my journey took me toward Father Ted, Black Adder and Red Dwarf. Shows I had been too young to appreciate at their height (I'm an 80s child). Well, a month or so back I believe I found a mention of LotSW on Reddit. Watched a few episodes and was delighted by the tone and humor. It's very different than all these other shows. Any other fans from the USA?

I'm just about to start the sixth series. I must confess I much prefer Cyril to Foggy. Would love some show recommendations.

I've been unable to get in to Dinnerladies or Green Wing. Though I'm told they're excellent.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Welcome,we have several members from the USA that love the show, if you have only seen upto series 6 you have many great episodes to watch as yet

Welcome from another US member.

Nothing beats LoTSW, but have you seen Open All Hours and Still Open All Hours? And for something completely different, how about Up Pompeii?

I have not. But I'll look in to them. But the names remind me that I recently came across Chelmsford 123. I don't know if it's any good, yet.

Hello and welcome. Fawlty Towers, Ever Decreasing Circles, Good Life, Porridge, Friday Night Dinner, League of Gentlemen, On The Buses….

how about Up Pompeii?

Welcome to the forum I hope your introductory Prologue is a sign of many things to come .
best
I have the box set of everything Francis Howerd Marianna , not only Up Pompeii but also then Churchill said to me and the Best of .They still stand up humour wise today although obviously a bit risque and not PC in part to a point that I cannot see them ever being repeated on mainstream or Satellite TV

I have the box set of everything Francis Howerd Marianna , not only Up Pompeii but also then Churchill said to me and the Best of .They still stand up humour wise today although obviously a bit risque and not PC in part to a point that I cannot see them ever being repeated on mainstream or Satellite TV
Up Pompeii was on my local PBS station many decades ago, and repeated a few times. It wouldn't be shown now because it's disrespectful of every category of persons shown. I enjoy it because it's an equal-opportunity offender, and it's all imaginary anyway.

Back