getting sam home

hello there,, i am new to this forum and i must say it is excellent!!!

i have the original bbc pal video of getting sam home released in the uk 1986, i have never opened it so the cassette is still sealed, i had previously taped it from the tv when it was first broadcast in 1983 or 84?,, so when i bought the original video release i didnt see the point in opening it, i have been told it is very rare, i dont know why it should be because i assume it went on general release, does anyone know if it is rare , or does anyone on here also own it, i now have it on dvd on the universal playback release aswell

i have the original bbc pal video of getting sam home released in the uk 1986, i have never opened it so the cassette is still sealed, i had previously taped it from the tv when it was first broadcast in 1983 or 84?,, so when i bought the original video release i didnt see the point in opening it, i have been told it is very rare, i dont know why it should be because i assume it went on general release, does anyone know if it is rare , or does anyone on here also own it, i now have it on dvd on the universal playback release aswell

It was considered rare before UK gold started showing it followed sometime later by the version on DVD,I think these days it would not be worth very much,some years back I did spot it on ebay selling for £60,your video version might be the full unedited version

It was considered rare before UK gold started showing it followed sometime later by the version on DVD,I think these days it would not be worth very much,some years back I did spot it on ebay selling for £60,your video version might be the full unedited version

Has Getting Sam Home been edited at some time?

I have a VHS recording when it was repeated in early 1993. I also have the 1986 BBC VHS video, which I obtained on e-bay. I spent many years getting this, as it was deleted many years ago, yet most other LOTSW BBC videos seemed much easier to obtain. I paid only a few quid for it. It's certainly rare, yet probably not worth much.

Obviously it's more desirable to watch the DVDs.

I have that one, but mine hasn't got any Blamire on it. I've only got Blamire on the set of DVDs.

I believe there was a DVD set from America which consisted of Getting Sam Home and some Blamire episodes.

I think these were the first on BBC Video in the UK, and were directly transferred on DVD many years later for America. Some copyright issue no doubt.

Back