Getting Sam home.

George Lockwood

I noticed a photo on here earlier showing the van in a car park and they did not know where it was. It is behind what used to be Trevor Brays photographers shop ( now Helen Bray ) at the bottom of Dunford road Holmfirth. The BBC used to hire it to keep their vehicles in when filming. When they filmed ‘first of the summer wine ‘ they also had the wardrobe van and canteen bus there.

Hello George and a very warm welcome to our Forum . I hope you enjoy your time on the site and I look forward to your posts . It looks like you found the section already but the members photos is a great place to look especially for photos of locations as they are now . I would also recommend Terry's[ Maltrab] brilliant Summer Wine location map great to get perspective on where they filmed . :)

I noticed a photo on here earlier showing the van in a car park and they did not know where it was. It is behind what used to be Trevor Brays photographers shop ( now Helen Bray ) at the bottom of Dunford road Holmfirth. The BBC used to hire it to keep their vehicles in when filming. When they filmed ‘first of the summer wine ‘ they also had the wardrobe van and canteen bus there.
Welcome aboard,always nice to get a new member and thanks for the info regarding the photo, I have been to some of the base camps during the later years of filming, and they often seemed to be on the move, the most permanent one used to be in Marsden near the station, and several episode segments were also filmed on that land

Hi George and a very big WELCOME to you. Emails are very much the life and soul of any group. This is the friendliest group on the NET and we eagerly look forward to your input.

Alan Bell informed me it was that spot where they filmed the scene with Sid's fish & chips truck, when Cleggy first tried to drive it and Sid had to turn it round for him

Which Netherton are you from George? Seems that there are two Nethertonssssssssss.
So that's is where my chewing gum is. I lost it last night and I have jussssst found it, ssssstuck on the letter sssssss.

You may find this video interesting The Summer Winos did a video of the modern day locations from Getting Sam Home.

Sid's fish & chips truck

In news this week there was a crash in Cambridgeshire and a 23 mile stretch of the road had to be closed for the clean up . Two lorries involved shed their loads one was Olive Oil the other was Tomato Puree and they had to mop it all up [the photo is sadly black and white but that river on the road is red and it shows how much was actually spilled] . If Sid had rocked up think of all the Chips he could of sold to mop up the tomato . :)

crash.jpg

Back