Getting on Sidneys Wire

cciaffone

Dedicated Member
At the very end of "Getting on Sidneys Wire" the lads
are in a lavatory next to a parking lot. You can see
the top of a church that looks like the church in New
Mill.

Where are they????

Hi,they are very close to new mill and these toilets are still there, if you look for Holmfirth road about opposite Greenhill bank road on Google Maps you can see the car park with the toilet block at the back, Terry

Yup, that's it! Many thanks.

We have been thru New Mill from Totties while
walking the Holmfirth, Jackson Bridge, Hepworth,
Totties, Wooldale loop with a side trip to New Mill.

i've noticed in that episode you can see in the reflection on Sids van the man holding the sound boom thingy. :)

Just watching this episode yesterday and I recognised New Mill but not the toilets. Turns out the local council in their "wisdom" ended up getting rid of them - found this online from 2013 when it was still at the planning stage:

(Don't think this has been mentioned before? I just searched the forum with the words "New Mill toilets")

Just watching this episode yesterday and I recognised New Mill but not the toilets. Turns out the local council in their "wisdom" ended up getting rid of them - found this online from 2013 when it was still at the planning stage:

(Don't think this has been mentioned before? I just searched the forum with the words "New Mill toilets")

Sadly Public Loo's are getting to be a thing of the past in many Towns and Cities

Public toilets are getting shut all over Scotland too.
One old toilet building near where I live has been turned into a pizza joint. Never tried them, would rather buy from Tesco!

According to the extra dialogue in the radio version of this episode, so expertly done by Peter Sallis as Clegg, they were on the junction of Dunford Road and some other street that I can't remember at the moment. I shall have to listen to the radio episode again. Of course, these may just be fictional street names for the programme.

I know or knew those toilets well. I have taken a tinkle or two in there when I was driving through the area. If I ever go that way again and have the urge to take some relief, are there any bushes that one can take advantage of. :39:

So much for 'spending a penny' there while strolling through the Holmfirth hillsides. Could have stood on the very spot where the trio had. :frown2:

Public toilets are getting shut all over Scotland too.
One old toilet building near where I live has been turned into a pizza joint. Never tried them, would rather buy from Tesco!
An old toilet turned into a pizza joint you say JBCat. Don't know how to politely put this but, it seems that they have taken out the S's and replaced them with Z's. :08:

Just going through some Holmfirth holiday photos to send family, and discovered I had taken one of the New Mill toilets without realising it! (What a numpty, but in my defence, it had been a while since I'd watched the episode in question).
It was just a fun snap of the bus stop on my way back to Holmfirth around 8.45pm after a country walk.
Don't know if they are actually still in use but the building looks in good condition. Hopefully a way was found to keep them going.

Attachments

• 21 July 2019 New Mill bus stop.jpg
    21 July 2019 New Mill bus stop.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 18
Just going through some Holmfirth holiday photos to send family, and discovered I had taken one of the New Mill toilets without realising it! (What a numpty, but in my defence, it had been a while since I'd watched the episode in question).
It was just a fun snap of the bus stop on my way back to Holmfirth around 8.45pm after a country walk.
Don't know if they are actually still in use but the building looks in good condition. Hopefully a way was found to keep them going.

That's the ones, great picture

Back