George Gently

Sue

Dedicated Member
I was very upset about the ending of the latest episode of Inspector George Gently. It was a very dark episode, but it also left me in the dark about its future. Anyone got any ideas? Was that supposed to be the very last series, or will it carry on with a new sergeant? Very unsatisfactory.

It was a very dark episode.Martin Shaw was on a programme during the week and he thinks it will be back fo a fifth series but I do not know if Lee ingleby will be back as Bacchus

Whoops the way you wrote your post it looked as if you had seen it anyway that was series 5 there hopfully will be a series 6.Martin shaw shoukd get a tv award for this episode. :)

Whoops the way you wrote your post it looked as if you had seen it anyway that was series 5 there hopfully will be a series 6.Martin shaw shoukd get a tv award for this episode. :)

:D This is going to get confusing, that was sue's opening post not mine ;D

I have to agree that it was a dark episode and
the ending looked suspicious. I have found ALL
of this series very dark, gloomy, and depressing.

I also saw on IMDB that the two previous series
had only 2 episodes each, while this series 5 has
had 4 eps already.

I am assuming that was the end of the series??

chuck

Bit of a suprise Kevin Whately showing up as the bad guy. Good episode, though. You kind of knew one if not both coppers were going to be shot when the trailer for the show said 'deadly conclusion'!

Susan. I am sorry for the spoiler, but I don't think I gave too much away really. It was just that it was such a surprise ending for me. I have been reading the George Gently books, and can see no resemblance to the show at all in the ones I have read so far.

Susan. I am sorry for the spoiler, but I don't think I gave too much away really. It was just that it was such a surprise ending for me. I have been reading the George Gently books, and can see no resemblance to the show at all in the ones I have read so far.

:D Its my own fault for reading it. I'm interrested about the books, you say there differant for the series, how so? Oh and I'm looking forward to seeing Kevin Wheetly has a bad guy :)

I am assuming that was the end of the series??

Current information seems a bit vague. from Wikipedia:
"In January 2010 it was announced that the BBC had secured funding from the North East Content Fund to produce further episodes of the detective drama. Series 4 was filmed from early to mid 2011 and shown that autumn. On March 26, 2012 the BBC announced that 4 new feature-length episodes were being produced to air later the same year."

Full article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inspector_George_Gently

:D Its my own fault for reading it. I'm interrested about the books, you say there differant for the series, how so? Oh and I'm looking forward to seeing Kevin Wheetly has a bad guy :)

There are a lot of books, I have not read them all, but they are mostly set in a fictional area, which does not seem to be the North East. And in the ones I have read there is no mention of John Baccus.

Doesn't he look like John Lennon in this last series? It's that nose, I think, and the hair.

Lee Ingleby is one of those actors who has been in everything, but until George Gently I didn't even know his name. He was the conductor on the 'Night Bus' in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

I've seen him in something recently. Sinbad, I think it was. My Dad is loving that show!

Finally saw it last night, I'm not 100% sure either of them died ???
Kevin Weatley was not cut out to play a baddy, especially with a beard :-X

True. He's too nice. Mind you , I always thought that about Richard Briers and he was frightening in one episode of Morse.

True. He's too nice. Mind you , I always thought that about Richard Briers and he was frightening in one episode of Morse.

That's weird you saying that I was thinking about that episode of Morse this morning while the kids were watching Bob the Builder, he was Bobs dads voice.

Yes he was scary in that, you don't exact that kind of acting from him or Kevin :)

Back