Garage

Liana Lloyd

Just wanted to post this photograph I took last year of the site of what used to be Wesley’s Garage when we went up I said to my partner I can just see Edie (Dame Thora Hird) shouting ‘wesleh Wesleh we are watching every night LOTSW on the Drama channel and if I see something now we like to try and find it - I remember watching it when I was younger and have found a massive new respect for the show maybe as I have got older - and also I love going up Yorkshire way and especially Holmfirth and surrounding villages the more I watch it the more I think I’ve been there but didn’t put two and two together at the time we have since been to the church where Compo and Cleggy are buried the famous white horse pub Cleggys house pearl and Howard’s house been in Compos museum stood outside Nora Battys Cottage been and had a coffee in SIDS Cafe etc but was wondering if anybody knows more of the pubs they used to frequent apart from the obvious I know they used the railway in Marsden and a pub I think was called the bay horse in hade edge elephant and castle Holmfirth?? We want to do a spot the pub sort of thing anyway here’s the site of Wesleh”s garage

I like the 'spot the pub' idea. Sadly, I do not see any pictures in your above post. Could be a problem on my end.

Prefer spot the pub and go in for a few sherbets! Liana I don't know if you have looked at Terry[Maltrab's] wonderful map which is accessed via the Summer Wine Map tab at the top of the home page . It has a a large amount of information about the locations which may help you plan any visits.

Just wanted to post this photograph I took last year of the site of what used to be Wesley’s Garage when we went up I said to my partner I can just see Edie (Dame Thora Hird) shouting ‘wesleh Wesleh we are watching every night LOTSW on the Drama channel and if I see something now we like to try and find it - I remember watching it when I was younger and have found a massive new respect for the show maybe as I have got older - and also I love going up Yorkshire way and especially Holmfirth and surrounding villages the more I watch it the more I think I’ve been there but didn’t put two and two together at the time we have since been to the church where Compo and Cleggy are buried the famous white horse pub Cleggys house pearl and Howard’s house been in Compos museum stood outside Nora Battys Cottage been and had a coffee in SIDS Cafe etc but was wondering if anybody knows more of the pubs they used to frequent apart from the obvious I know they used the railway in Marsden and a pub I think was called the bay horse in hade edge elephant and castle Holmfirth?? We want to do a spot the pub sort of thing anyway here’s the site of Wesleh”s garage

I think the Bay Horse is called something else now. Maybe someone else will know and proffer up an answer. I mainly remember it from the episode 'Three Men And A Mangle', and the fact that I have a photo (from quite a few years ago) of me and my dad standing outside of it. Not very interesting, but I offer it up for the good it does.

I enjoyed a lovely sausage sarnie served by Ron Backhouse when he was the landlord at the White Horse at Jackson BridgeI also visited it on one of the mini bus trips..
If you were a fan of the show, Ron would dig out his personal video's of any recent filming, last time i saw him he was working on Huddersfield market

One of the greatest sketches ever up there with Andre Preview . I loved when Ronnie Corbett revived it so to speak when he did the sketch with Harry Enfield about electronic gadgets .

Back