Freeview

minxie

Dedicated Member
Hi,
Anyone know why you can't get uk gold on freeview, and if you can get it on freesat, I think it's called.

It's a shame cos it's crammed with summer wine

minxie

Not an expert Minxie but about the only Freeview channel that shows Summer Wine is the YESTERDAY channel and then not till 8 .25 or 8.30 PM. The main problem you may strike is the fact that it may be a channel you need a TOP UP box for? I am on Virgin so do not rely on the aerial.On the basic freeview I understand that some channels only show until 6.00 pm, after that the TOP UP comes into play for the rest of the night. Perhaps one of the more technical chaps can put us right??

Hi,
Anyone know why you can't get uk gold on freeview, and if you can get it on freesat, I think it's called.

It's a shame cos it's crammed with summer wine

minxie

UK Gold which is 50% owned by the BBC is only available as a subscription channel on Sky, probably last of the summer wine is now the main attraction on that channel to bring the money in,and I suspect once the whole series is released on DVD the subscriptions will drop off, it is ridiculous anyway that folk should pay again to watch TV already paid for in the licence fee, and craftily kept off the normal BBC channels to force viewers to pay again to watch quality TV

Thanks both, I have sky, but can't watch it upstairs snuggled in bed, if himindoors, is watching something else downstairs, which is a blow. I actually just bought my first losw dvd, which i devoured as it has one of my favorites on getting sam home.

So I will just soldier on as before, and taping it and then watching it later,

thanks both

minxie

Back