Fran Wilson Photography

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you that have Facebook, have a look at this chap's work, he lives in the Huddersfield area, so has pictures related to views used in our beloved show, plus pictures taken further afield, well worth a look, this one was seen in the show a couple of times.
View.jpg

I don't really recall this particular location being used, but I can just see Compo swinging on the gate and splashing across the ford, liking the effect so much that he went back and forth a number of times, while Foggy and Clegg cautiously pick their way across.

I don't really recall this particular location being used, but I can just see Compo swinging on the gate and splashing across the ford, liking the effect so much that he went back and forth a number of times, while Foggy and Clegg cautiously pick their way across.
This is a "reverse" view of the Eastergate Bridge location (the bridge is behind the camera a little way), you didn't usually see the bridge and this part of the stream in the same shot or episode. In the series 23 episode “A Brief Excursion in the Fast Lane” Barry rides Wesley's motorised scooter along the path on the right and falls in the water, then Glenda turns up on a motorbike in full bike leathers, boots, and helmet.

Also the spot where Seymour sat freezing, demonstrating Zen to the lads

Wonder how many takes it took to film if multiple then Michael Aldridge must have been absolutely frozen . As an aside just finished Bob Mortimer's autobiography and he has a tale about filming . He and Jim Moir[Vic Reeves] were signed up to film a commercial for Cadbury's boost bar where Bob had to eat the boost bar in record time . An assistant told him not to worry about swallowing the chocolate after the take and to spit the remains out into a bucket she produced . Bob said no worries he was happy to eat chocolate and he was quite peckish so started to scoff the bar on take one , by take 20 he'd had enough and was actually throwing up in the bucket .

Back