Just finished the first series of FOTSW, and can recognize
many of the Holmfirth locations such as Back Lane, the
cobbles near Daisy Lane, the steps down to the Cafe (Hygienic
Fisheries), and all.

But where do they film the front of the Co-op, esp
where the buses and trucks go by?? Cannot place
that in Holmfirth at all.

It is shown on the map section on the main website

Most of the pilot episode was filmed in the Beamish Open Air Museum. And yes the Co-Op is in Netherthong. I have a good photo of my husband sitting outside.

Do you mean the opening scene to Mending Stuarts leg ? Where Compo says "Lets explain are rules to new librarian"
This stumped me until l caught a glimpse of the steps of the co op when the lads were carrying the long ladder down the street
If you look in the distance on that shot you can see the old co op front steps. The shop fronts been dramatically changed and is almost unrecognizable.
This scene is shot south of the junction looking north on the A6024 where it meets Victoria St .Check out the roofline and chimneys above the bakers van.

Does anyone know where the Clegg family house from FOTSW is located? I saw this picture online, which looks like it could be it, at Paris Road, Scholes, Holmfirth HD9, but I'm still not sure. In the show, it's not easy to tell whether it's a two-story house or three-story. https://www.zoopla.co.uk/to-rent/details/47421954

It is in Back Lane, Holmfirth I think number 16, they used this lane in losw in a couple of the earlier episode

Yes, it looks like it is! Thank you, maltrab.

I wonder how old it is; the UK real estate websites don't seem to list Year Built.

Here's the link showing the floor plan and some of the interior of 16 Back Lane: https://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-p...?prop=69885650&sale=55543442&country=england#

It's so different from the room layout in the show. I prefer the show's interior, with the combined kitchen, dining, and living space, and the 1930s decor!

This was also the case in LOSW, in Cleggy's house in the later series, in real life the ground floor was the kitchen, Nora's lounge is on the 2nd Floor the only thing on the ground floor is the kitchen, Edie's house is a tiny 1 bedroom home, she would never get all the ladies in the lounge

Back