FOTSW Actors

cciaffone

Dedicated Member
Just finished the entire LOTSW and am starting from the
beginning with FOTSW.

Looking at IMDB, most of the FOTSW actors were in not much else.
Relative newcomers?? Not much acting history there.

I think the young Wally Batty comes closest to his adult role
in LOTSW. Clegg may be next truest.

Just finished the entire LOTSW and am starting from the
beginning with FOTSW.

Looking at IMDB, most of the FOTSW actors were in not much else.
Relative newcomers?? Not much acting history there.

I think the young Wally Batty comes closest to his adult role
in LOTSW. Clegg may be next truest.

I agree, the young Wally was very good. But I think Foggy came in seconed, with Compo third. But did like them. I wonder what happened to Sherbert?

I think maybe Sherbert didn't make it through the war.

I agree, the young Wally definitely got the voice and mannerisms right. David Fenwick also did a good job as young Cleggy. Imagine playing young Norman Clegg opposite Peter Sallis. I think I'd be too nervous to do it!

I agree, the young Wally definitely got the voice and mannerisms right. David Fenwick also did a good job as young Cleggy. Imagine playing young Norman Clegg opposite Peter Sallis. I think I'd be too nervous to do it!

Yes was afraid someone would say that, but it would have been unusual for them all to survive the war.
What a great shame.

Yes was afraid someone would say that, but it would have been unusual for them all to survive the war.
What a great shame.

I always hoped that Sherbert came down to Aldershot, married a local girl and is living up the road from me. I like a happy ending

What a great shame.

I always hoped that Sherbert came down to Aldershot, married a local girl and is living up the road from me. I like a happy ending

I think that is exactly what happened ;D

What is intriguing is that there was no Herbert Truelove nor Sid character in FOTSW.

well there wudnt b a herbert truelove cause the series was made about 10 years before he was even thought of, maybe u mean cyril blamire, i agree with the other 1 tho wierd theres no sid, then again maybe he was sherbet and it was never mentioned on screen

Watched The Just Doesn't Suit last night and Chuny Livesey
was played by Anthony Keetch. Seems like in the second
series, he was played by Jonathan Linsley. Wonder why
the switch??

Watched The Just Doesn't Suit last night and Chuny Livesey
was played by Anthony Keetch. Seems like in the second
series, he was played by Jonathan Linsley. Wonder why
the switch??

I think Anthony was working in the theatre so was unable to do a second series.

I have always said it, but everything about Sherbet is the same as Wesley - yet it appears it's not him.

I have always said it, but everything about Sherbet is the same as Wesley - yet it appears it's not him.

I've often thought there was a similarity between them,especially because of Sherbets love of cars and lorries.

Back