Forum Software upgrade

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Tony has obtained a licence for the V Bulletin forum software, at the moment Tony is tweaking it to look similar to the SMF software, the main advantage of the VB forum is security,along with other nice user features, the plan is to make this live from the 1st of March, in a couple of weeks I will post a link which will enable you to have a look and one thing that cannot be transferred across is your forum password,so when you first visit this site you will have to request a password change using your user name, you can of course then log in and change this password for the one you have been using here, before it goes live it will give you time to have a look around,play with your profile etc, but please do not make any postings,they will only be lost when the site goes live.Prior to it going live you will be able to ask question if you are stuck or have a problem
On the day there will be a brief downtime while the old database is moved to the new forum,so please lookout for the link

Terry

Thank you Tony and Terry, you may need to repeat that in words of 2 syllables or less on the day :)
I kinda got the jist of it but may need help. :)

I've had trouble with sluggish changeovers today so any improvement is welcome.Of course it could be Virgin playing silly beggars?? As Pearl Susan said "give us another nudge closer to the day please! ;) ;)

I've had trouble with sluggish changeovers today so any improvement is welcome.Of course it could be Virgin playing silly beggars?? ....

Yes I have noticed slowish behaviour this morning on site, says 'waiting for summerwine.net ...' :( :( :(

I've had trouble with sluggish changeovers today so any improvement is welcome.Of course it could be Virgin playing silly beggars?? ....

Yes I have noticed slowish behaviour this morning on site, says 'waiting for summerwine.net ...' :( :( :(

There was a problem with the server this morning Rod, it was running very slow

I have just had a sneak preview of what the new forum will look like,it is coming along nicely and in a week or so there will be a link posted for you all to have a look and at that time you can apply for your password,which afterwards you can reset to what ever you like,Tony is still busy polishing the edges and it is looking very good

Terry

From tomorrow 12.2.14 I will be posting a link so you can visit the new forum before it goes live on the 1st March,you will need to reset/change your password before you will be able to fully use the forum and there are a few themes to play with,Tony has added a Q&A section for help and support should you need it,

Note. You can make some test posts if you wish,but they will be removed when the forum goes live, so have a play and let us know on the Q&A board if you need help

Terry

Thank you Terry,
If we go and have a look and we change our password will we need to change it back again to come back here?
Does that make sense?

Thank you Terry,
If we go and have a look and we change our password will we need to change it back again to come back here?
Does that make sense?

Only need to change or set you password up in the new forum,it will not effect this one

Just been on again and looked at the new smiles, we're going to have fun with those. ;D
I like the exploding angry one. :D

I'm going to need to find the font sizes thou its not easy for me to read but I'll have a play around and find it. :-[

Back