For Train fans

Today marks the first day of the new Isle of Wight train service with the all new rolling stock that has replaced those wonderful but rather old ex London Underground trains so thought a nice picture of one running along the pier with a view of Ryde would be a nice treat.

Screenshot (94).png

Screenshot (95).png

Today marks the first day of the new Isle of Wight train service with the all new rolling stock that has replaced those wonderful but rather old ex London Underground trains so thought a nice picture of one running along the pier with a view of Ryde would be a nice treat.

View attachment 4471

View attachment 4472
These two pics would make an interesting observation test. If I may I would like to start it off with the windsock which is at a different angle in each picture. Some things are easy to spot. Can you see any?

Its Santa and Polar Express time for the hard hit Heritage railways hoping they all have full trains so they continue to offer some of the most scenic journeys in the UK . I have dropped in on one of the more unusual offerings which is the Seaton Tramway in Devon here is their version love the destination board "North Pole"

Screenshot (97).png

Its a tad rough at Dawlish today , that fast express train seems to have broken down as it cant cope with the sea water but as I was viewing an old Thomas the tank style two unit Diesel passenger train chugged through no problem .

Screenshot (104).png

A picture of Norway's answer to Tesco Delivery vans [other Supermarkets are available] . Here at Finse lots of goods come in by train , is offloaded and then these guys put the packages on the sled and tow it with the the snow ski to the individual establishments . Why didn't we think of this when we have snow and people in remote areas need urgent supplies.

Screenshot (105).png

On New Years Day thought I'd add a shot which frankly could be straight from our beloved show . Although I have taken the screenshot today, because this is on the Keighley and Worth Valley , the scenery , the smoke from the engines just speaks "Up North" .

Screenshot (2).png

Steam is common on the Keighley and Worth Valley railway but there is a special this weekend and the majestic Bahamas steam train is there thought you'd like a pic. Still running at 88 some days you struggle to walk and I am way younger than that.

Screenshot (17).png

Screenshot (19).png

Last edited:
Iconic A4 engine Sir Nigel Gresley is going through testing on Severn Valley Railway sadly its not currently in that distinctive powder blue livery but still really impressive saying it was built in 1937 , here's a cheeky shot from today

Screenshot (24).png

I thought you may appreciate a picture of the iconic Flying Scotsman which is at Swanage railway all week what a treat for families and the kids to see this historic engine first hand I have added a picture with an iconic Pulman observation coach from when travel by train was so stylish.

Screenshot (59).png

Screenshot (61).png

Back