For lovers of British vintage TV series.....

Barrychuckle

Administrator
Staff member
I've just stumbled across an amazing channel on Dailymotion with over 3000 episodes of many of the best Britcom series, including most of the LOTSW episodes. It has so many full series of some amazing comedies such as Never The Twain, You're Only Young Twice, Man About the House and many more.

Many of the series here have been referenced on the forum too.

Very nice. Thought I might be locked out of it being on the other side of the pond, but it has let me watch everything I have clicked on so far.

I've never seen Father Ted but @captain clutterbuck mentioned it the other day and now he's whet my appetite so I'm going to watch that first and it appears the entire series is on there.

Hopefully these wonderful programmes will be a welcome distraction in the bleak times we're living though.

Oh my, Father Ted is hilarious!

It is not a gentle comedy by any means but I found it extremely funny. Different from most I had seen before it at the time. The cast selection is a great pick for the characters.

Report back what you think of the show after you have seen a bit of it.

Oh my, Father Ted is hilarious!

It is not a gentle comedy by any means but I found it extremely funny. Different from most I had seen before it at the time. The cast selection is a great pick for the characters.

Report back what you think of the show after you have seen a bit.
Thanks I'm going to give it a watch and I will do! if you've not seen it before all the Blackadders are on there and that's a classic, it also appears there isn't even any of those annoying adverts that plague YouTube :D

I see they have season 3 of Upstart Crow that I have not seen yet. As well as series 5 and so of Still Open All Hours that I have yet to see. Will search for some more stuff later.

Black Adder is excellant as well. Rowan Atkinson is a talented man that can do comedy and seriousness with ease. I like the middle two seasons the best.

I've just stumbled across an amazing channel on Dailymotion with over 3000 episodes of many of the best Britcom series, including most of the LOTSW episodes. It has so many full series of some amazing comedies such as Never The Twain, You're Only Young Twice, Man About the House and many more.

Many of the series here have been referenced on the forum too.
You're Only Young Twice sounds like the motto of a certain Howard Sibshaw.

At first I thought this site was like Acorn or BritBox. Seems it is more like the European version of YouTube. Always nice to have another option for access of hard to find British comedies. :)

I see they have season 3 of Upstart Crow

Hello Rick I just watched the Christmas Upstart Crow really good hope you get a chance to watch . I won't give anything away but it only has Will and Kate in it and they have set it during the plague of 1603 so I am sure you can imagine all the analogies with present day .

Back