Foggy's Hat

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
I spotted a cast member wearing a hat which in practice is the same as Foggy's, though Foggy's was modified to look different,anyone want to guess the episode and cast member

Its not the one that Compo wore ,looking like a demented spaniel on Barry's stag night is it ?? (UNCLE OF THE BRIDE ?)

Its not the one that Compo wore ,looking like a demented spaniel on Barry's stag night is it ?? (UNCLE OF THE BRIDE ?)

Nice try Dick but not the one I was looking for, the one I am looking for would be very much the same if modified like Foggy's

I cant quite place the episode but Compo wore one when he dressed up to go to Aunty Wainwrights along with about 43 coats and 7 sweaters . This was on Xmas Eve. Wesley and Barry wanted help with the waterbed ! :confused2::39:

I cant quite place the episode but Compo wore one when he dressed up to go to Aunty Wainwrights along with about 43 coats and 7 sweaters . This was on Xmas Eve. Wesley and Barry wanted help with the waterbed ! :confused2::39:
Might even have been "Merry Christmas Father Christmas ?"

That episode was Crums Dick and sorry not the one I am looking for

I will post the answer tomorrow if nobody gets it by then,maybe one last clue, a dog was involved

THE CHARITY BALLS ??:confused2:

Well done Dick and here is a picture,Foggy's hat has the side straps tied up on the top and a bow fitted,it is supposed to clip under your chin and was used in the early days of open top motor cars, and they clipped under the chin to stop them blowing away

Attachments

• FHat.jpg
    FHat.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 11
Is there a name for that type of hat. It's a sort of cross between a flat cap and a deerstalker.

Seeing the thread title "Foggy's Hat" reminded me of what I thought was a hilarious bit in the episode "The kink in Foggy's niblick" where they are all in the cafe and Foggy is going on about golf, using his walking stick as a make shift golf club. Compo hooks the hat onto the end of the walking stick when Foggy's back is turned and he ends up swatting it across the floor - cracks me up every time!

Back