Fenella Fielding

captain clutterbuck

LOTSW Fanatic
It has been announced that Fenella Fielding has so sadly passed away aged 90. It marks the death of a second Carry On star in a matter of days . She was probably the unsung star of the Screaming film as Valeria Watt . She also starred in Carry on Regardless alongside Liz Frazer and our very own Bill Owen . When I looked her up I found out she was the uncredited Village Announcer in the iconic Prisoner series [which I have watched countless times and still don't understand fully] . She will be eternally remembered as the Femme Fatale with that trademark Husky voice . A sad loss.

Last edited:
It has been announced that Fenella Fielding has so sadly passed away aged 90. It marks the death of a second Carry On star in a matter of days . She was probably the unsung star of the Screaming film as Valerie Watt . She also starred in Carry on Regardless alongside Liz Frazer and our very own Bill Owen . When I looked her up I found out she was the uncredited Village Announcer in the iconic Prisoner series [which I have watched countless times and still don't understand fully] . She will be eternally remembered as the Femme Fatale with that trademark Husky voice . A sad loss.
I always like Fenella Fielding with her sultry voIce. Sad to here.RIP

By coincidence Carry on Screaming was shown the other night as part of a Carry On marathon.
Now I know why I didn't remember it before..........NOT their best effort (and a very LOW bar is set with these films!:08:) However
it did make me remember Fenella!:28:

All very interesting. Best known for Carry On Regardless, Carry On Screaming, Doctor in Love, Doctor in Distress and a memorable scene with Arthur Haynes in Doctor in Clover.

I'd never really realised how much the work dried up after Carry On Screaming in 1966...

Yes remember her distinctive tones when I was young. Quite disturbed to read her obituary which seemed that some of our stars are not quite as pleasant as we might expect. Sad another of the film and tv stars of my youth gone ...

Back