Feel good episodes

wstol

Dedicated Member
Are there any particular episodes you find particularly uplifting and good about yourself?

Though I wouldn't necessarily say they are my absolute favourites, I think Uncle of the Bride and Jaws are very uplifting.

Possibly 3 Men and a Mangle. Other earlier ones before Cleggys timid side was brought to the fore! When his witticisms and oneliners were straight to the point. Particularly education and politics!! ;)

Possibly 3 Men and a Mangle. Other earlier ones before Cleggys timid side was brought to the fore! When his witticisms and oneliners were straight to the point. Particularly education and politics!! ;)

Yes, a very good example.

I suppose When You Take a Good Bite... is perhaps another feel good one.

(All Seymour episodes.)

I loved the closing scene in A Tale of Two Sweaters when Cleggy rescues Howard by telling Pearl he bought the other sweater.

I loved the closing scene in A Tale of Two Sweaters when Cleggy rescues Howard by telling Pearl he bought the other sweater.

not so timid!!

I like the fun that Cleggy got up to- as in Flower Power Cut and the one with the giant carrot ....

edited because my fingers do not do what my brain tells them to ...

I would say "Crums" and "A Small Tune on a Penny Wassail," although,theres probably a few more but these two spring readily to mind.

Hector.

Giant carrot, yes, I agree with barmpot, I think for me it would be Greenfingers, so many laughs from the audience as well and such a daft idea, great! I also agree I like the episodes best before Cleggy was so timid. But there were feel good moments everywhere, it´s only that if I had to name an entire episode, I would say Greenfingers, that always lifts me up.

Great Topic....

I might end up with a few more posts but for now "The Last Survivng Maurice Chevalier Impression" comes to mind. It was good to see everyone's excitement (at the cafe, I believe) to see Compo's televised performance. Throughout the show Compo always bothers Nora....but to see Nora's excitement and then have the performance start with a close up photo of Nora as Compo sings in honour of her is hilarious and "feel good". This is especially since it didn't cause Nora's usual, bitter reaction.

Whoops and a Dewhirst up a fir tree really make me feel the sp[irit of Xmas, I love those two. I have to see through a magnifying glass, but they always cheer me up. AS does All Mod Conned. I love the old Xmas specials.

I think that Feet of Nora Batty, White mans grave and unexplored place are my main feel good episodes because of Wally.

there goes the groom, a leg up for christmas, the man who nearly knew pavorotti. return of the warrior.

there goes the groom, a leg up for christmas, the man who nearly knew pavorotti. return of the warrior.

Good to see "The Man who Nearly Knew Pavarotti" get a mention.

From the Blamire era, "Ballad for Wind Instruments and Canoe"

For me the best of Seymour's time was "When You Take A Good Bite, Yorkshire Tastes Terrible".

From Series 29 (2008), the guest star series by which time things were sadly past their best, "A Short Introduction To Cooper's Rules" was very different and "Eva's Back In Town" had something special to recommend it.

In Foggy's time "The Loxley Lozenge" was blessed with Clegg's monologue on Hitler.

Three specials which all had something going for them: "Merry Entwhistle and Jackson Day", "A Musical Passing for a Miserable Muscroft" and "Potts in Pole Position" (for sheer unadulterated idiocy).

Loved Norman Wisdom's song in "Variations on a Theme of the Widow Winstanley"

To me the real classic must be "Last Post and Pigeon".

Yes, I definitely agree with "Return of the Warrior!". Seymour leaves and Clegg and Compo are so directionless. Then to see the comeback of Foggy which meant a lot more great times with the trio.

I would also mention that "Return of the Warrior" was followed my "Come In Sunray Major", a great episode showing Foggy's military-minded mishaps!

Return of the Warrior is a wonderful episode.

I remember it's first transmission in 1990 very well.

I knew Brian Wilde was returning, but was shocked to read the opening credits; Starring Michael Aldridge, Bill Owen, Peter Sallis.

Then next caption was something like; and Brian Wilde as 'Foggy'.

For a moment it looked like it was going to be a quartet, then it was clear Seymour was leaving the village. It was a splendid idea to do a farewell scene with Seymour, and written so well. Of course, Aldridge never really wanted to leave the show, but out of kindness he appeared for these first five minutes. It was sad to see Seymour go, but who better to replace him than Foggy.

There were some great reunion scenes involving Foggy.

Definitely a feel good episode, as well as a favourite episode.

Return of the Warrior is a wonderful episode.

I remember it's first transmission in 1990 very well.

I knew Brian Wilde was returning, but was shocked to read the opening credits; Starring Michael Aldridge, Bill Owen, Peter Sallis.

Then next caption was something like; and Brian Wilde as 'Foggy'.

For a moment it looked like it was going to be a quartet, then it was clear Seymour was leaving the village. It was a splendid idea to do a farewell scene with Seymour, and written so well. Of course, Aldridge never really wanted to leave the show, but out of kindness he appeared for these first five minutes. It was sad to see Seymour go, but who better to replace him than Foggy.

There were some great reunion scenes involving Foggy.

Definitely a feel good episode, as well as a favourite episode.
This episode produced one of my favourite scenes.....Seymour says "Theres nothing like caning a couple of small boys " Cleggy says"You can't do it anymore, somebody with two or three nannies has declared it illegal" Seymour says "not here and there?" Clegg says"not even there!" :eek:

Liked it when Foggy was left hanging onto the side of the bus ,he didnt have much luck with buses when he arrived his baggage was thrown off by the crew ,and he was thrown off a few in his time.

ONE HE HAD TO BE COAXED OFF CHRIS ;D (THE MOST POWERFUL EYEBALLS IN W YORKS) REMEMBER ALL MOD CONNED? HE CERTAINLY HAD A MIXED BAG OF LUCK WITH BUSES ALL RIGHT!! :eek:

Back