Favourite Piece of Furniture

dick

LOTSW Fanatic
Just for the laugh..............

Has anyone got a very comfortable piece of furniture? I have a 20 year old sofa that I am thinking of changing. My family don't want me to as it is so comfortable. Anyone that sits on it for any length of time is soon "nodding off ". I have to decide when I change as to who gets it! My son wants to have it for his garage /work room, My son in law wants it for what he calls his "work" room .Their respective other halves don't want it !( He'll always be asleep!) I've had visitors nod off and be very apologetic after. I don't know what to do with it except let them fight it out or let the people who bring the new one take it away??:me:

The modern sofas are built for style and looks and NOT for comfort. I haven't seen a modern sofa yet that looks like you could sleep on it or sit on it for more than hour without getting the dreaded numb bum. I'd have it cleaned and restuffed if need be but wouldn't get rid of it if that's comfortable.

You need something comfortable to watch your new Notts TV Sky channel on!! You's must have had a makeover to get your own TV channel! :confused::confused:

Oh and while I'm here All out for 60 ? :29::29::29::29::29::29::29::29::29::29::29:

I have a wife I have had for 48 years getting a bit old and tatty now but I don`t know whether to donate to a charity or keep for a little while longer. Any suggestions?

For comfort, mine is the recliner in the living room. Unfortunately, it's kind of low and it's becoming a struggle to get up from it. One day I'll replace it with a high-leg equivalent reminiscent of a wing chair, so more lady-like as well as more age-friendly.

For nostalgia and storage space, it's an old secretary desk that was in my aunt's office when she began working in about 1916. Not long after that, the business owner refurnished the secretaries' and typists' areas to accommodate the typewriters that he had just purchased, and he offered the old furniture at no cost to anyone who would take it away. My grandfather took this piece because the house was short of storage space. He and my grandmother passed it along to my mother when she married, my foster brother adopted it after my father died to display his wife's antique glassware. After many years, they revamped their display space, so now it now lives in my dining room and holds CDs and DVDs. It's similar to the photo below, but the design is more plain looking.

vintage_stickley_secretary_slant_top_desk_with_window_cupboard_hutch_26160860.jpg

This was my favourite piece of furniture up until 3/4 months ago, now it's gone a bit hard on the posterior:( and I need to replace it badly.
YktkQKw.jpg

Has Pearl seen this!!:30::39:

She has now!!
................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Dear Mrs Happyjack,

I have it on good authority that Mr Happyjack is about to trade you in for a younger model, I suggest you do as follows.
Empty the bank, sell the house and move to Las Vegas where, you'll find, for a small fee, 25 year old gigolos waiting for you. Now the money won't last long but my god you'll go broke happy ;)

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I've noticed a lack of discipline of late round here so I'll be checking in more frequently and cracking down more on the immoral and misogynistic elements on this forum. :46::46::46:

Last edited:
Oh and my favourite piece of furniture is the stag chest in the bedroom, I hate all this modern rubbish, I'm an old fashioned gal at heart.

I suppose you need some safe haven to stop you turning to a pillar of salt when the sun is rising plus it was a great hidey hole when you were playing hide and seek with the kids. :me:

Last edited:
Only chest I have is full of doubloons , its buried but of course I cannot disclose its location . I had assumed stag chest referred to some sort of Ottoman and thus hence the quip about hide and seek etc

Only chest I have is full of doubloons , its buried but of course I cannot disclose its location . I had assumed stag chest referred to some sort of Ottoman and thus hence the quip about hide and seek etc

I'd never heard of a stag chest either so looked it up. For any other uneducated barmpots like me, it's what we in the states would call a chest of drawers or dresser.

She has now!!

Dear Mrs Happyjack,

I have it on good authority that Mr Happyjack is about to trade you in for a younger model, I suggest you do as follows.
Empty the bank, sell the house and move to Las Vegas where, you'll find, for a small fee, 25 year old gigolos waiting for you. Now the money won't last long but my god you'll go broke happy ;)

I've noticed a lack of discipline of late round here so I'll be checking in more frequently and cracking down more on the immoral and misogynistic elements on this forum. :46::46::46:

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh I haven`t told Mrs Happyjack yet it will probably be a nice surprise for her.:29::29:

I'd never heard of a stag chest either so looked it up. For any other uneducated barmpots like me, it's what we in the states would call a chest of drawers or dresser.

Am I missing something here - a failure of the old brain cell which can frequently occur (or should that read occur frequently - never split infinitives). I assumed the 'stag' in 'stag chest', which if I am right, for once, should read 'Stag', is the name of the manufacturer. As I write (or type), here at the moment in our dining room, I am surrounded by Stag dining room furniture.

And continuing in that vein, I suppose my favourite piece of furniture would be my Stag Minstrel Drinks Cabinet which we purchased in 1990.

Am I missing something here - a failure of the old brain cell which can frequently occur (or should that read occur frequently - never split infinitives). I assumed the 'stag' in 'stag chest', which if I am right, for once, should read 'Stag', is the name of the manufacturer. As I write (or type), here at the moment in our dining room, I am surrounded by Stag dining room furniture.

No I don't think so, I'll take a picture later ( When I've polished it) and show you. I think it means because it's a tall chest of draws with small sock/ tie draw's it was originally and single man's chest. Ergo stag.!

Back