Favourite Meals

C

Compo

We talked about favourite sweets but now it is interesting to find out what the Brits like to eat these days. Have diets changed or change of food habits. Is the fryup still popular. Also what kind of Sunday Roast do you like..

We talked about favourite sweets but now it is interesting to find out what the Brits like to eat these days. Have diets changed or change of food habits. Is the fryup still popular. Also what kind of Sunday Roast do you like..

For sunday roast it has to be Chicken,maris piper potatos carrots,Yorkshire pud,peas and onion gravy.

Sunday dinner is roast beef, mash, roast potatos and roast veg, coli, carrots, yorky pud and triffle for afters.

Can you all please tell George that I didn't start this thread ;D

We prefer the Roast Lamb and Yorkshire pudding
at the Black Sheep brewery. Washed down with Riggwelter!

Sunday dinner is roast beef, mash, roast potatos and roast veg, coli, carrots, yorky pud and triffle for afters.

Can you all please tell George that I didn't start this thread ;D

I believe you Susan and I'll be there on Sunday :)

I still enjoy a fry up every now and then also like shepherds pie,Fish Cakes,Pukka pies and a good curry,My favourite being either Chicken tikka Bhuna or chiken patia
or Balti.

I have got back into liver and onions with streaky bacon, served with lots of mash and gravy.

The good old English fryup is still alive and well and was last seen on my plate last week when I was on hoilday. :)

For a Sunday Roast I love Lamb as a second choice. But my top favourite is a good pork roast. I buy about a 3 kilo pork and have the butcher put a slit on the top. I fill it with parsley, bacon and lots of garlic. I coat it in some good olive oil salt and pepper. I put it in the oven onhigh heat for about half hour and then on low heat for an hour and half or as much is needed to get it tender. Roast potatoes, peas. In my plate I love using chutney as it goes great with it. Trifle is a must after that.

From the ideas you gave of your favourites I like:

Curry
Sheppard's pie

Hey Susan is George your only dinner guest????

I have got back into liver and onions with streaky bacon, served with lots of mash and gravy.

The good old English fryup is still alive and well and was last seen on my plate last week when I was on hoilday. :)

liver and onions fried with oil of course and wine with lots of gravy.. That is a treat... I prefer beef liver. There are some who like pork liver but I don't. how do you make your mash Susan. Don't tell George about it.

I make it the normal way adding milk and butter. But as I try to be different I like to add a bit of chives and curry.

You were doing well until you added the curry :'(
I do it the proper way with best butter a drop of milk and a use a good masher, I use the best potato's none of this Tesco/ Asda cheap rubbish. If I'm doing sausage and mash I use I good slab of good strong Cheddar and chives or red onion.
I was raised in the finest culinary traditions :)

I didn't say to put tons of curry, just a sprinkle.

"finest culinary traditions??" === Maybe I don't fit in. But I do like to be a bit adventerous and try different ideas.

With left over mash I make a beautifull sandwich. Grated cheese on top and under the grill..

Sorry Compo, I hate curry :)
But the cheese and mash sounds nice, I think I ll try that :)

You were doing well until you added the curry :'(
I do it the proper way with best butter a drop of milk and a use a good masher, I use the best potato's none of this Tesco/ Asda cheap rubbish. If I'm doing sausage and mash I use I good slab of good strong Cheddar and chives or red onion.
I was raised in the finest culinary traditions :)
Finest culinary traditions! I can just hear
Edie saying it to Glenda.! :D

I can´t join in here, I have hardly ever had a real English meal (I always thought, Yorkshire pudding was, well, a pudding, like chocolate pudding or vanilla pudding ;D). But I´m not going to say I like Sauerkraut ans sausages either, only because I´m German, lol! In fact I don´t really and I´m not so keen on other traditional dishes here either, I´d always prefer something Italian if someone asked me. But I´m not picky, I eat almost anything, but not all with the same pleasure.

No problem ****, apparently the so called most popular meal in Britain(according to some surveys) is a curry? Tikka Masala I believe. ???

If the food doesn't taste spicy I don't really like it... So curries are on the list. Plus Ainsley's receipes...from Jamaica.

Forgot to add, that I like Italian food( anything except pizza though) my wife will not eat it so I have to wait for the few occasions we dine out with the family. :D

Back