Favourite ever scene?

Rob1969in

Dedicated Member
This is very hard to pin down to one, but try your best.. ::)

Mine has to be the scene in The Mysterious feet of Nora Batty, when Nora looks round and sees the lads trying to measure her feet on the ladder, her face is amazing, I laugh every time I think of it , that episode had so many classic scenes with dear old Joe Gladwin too, it's hard to name one though .

I also love the scene (forget the name of the episode) when the cops are pouring tea from a flask and Compo goes across the cars roof, the faces of the coppers are truly genius. but I can only have one, so I'll shut up now, I look forward to seeing other peoples favourites.

The police/roof/compo episode may well be "Give us a lift", although all three were on the cart when it ran over the police car roof, definately a brill episode though.

My all time favorite would have to be "Hail smiling morn, or thereabouts".
I know it's a very early episode but there's something about the one's featuring Blamire that i find are more of a time when i can remember a better pace of life.

That's not to say that there weren't quite a few belters in the later episodes, i could name a few but i have to say my all time fave, is "Smiling Morn".
Three old lads camping in a barn, pure genius!

G ; )

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]"The police/roof/compo episode may well be "Give us a lift", although all three were on the cart when it ran over the police car roof, definately a brill episode though".[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

That's the one , although I have watched all the episodes over and over, I still don't remember them that well, I think that says a lot about the writing and acting, or I may just be a bit of a forgetful twonk,who knows..

So many to choose from, I think top of my list would be from Three Men and a Mangle when it drops through the police car roof, Terry

Mine is when Foggy gets his delusions of grandeur in "The Odd Dog Man" and goes on with that speech about becoming famous and walking the Royal Corgis. Very well written and acted out by Brian Wilde, plus Compo and Clegg's reaction during the whole thing.

Another one is the ending to "In the Service of Humanity" where Compo is sitting on the ladder over the canal, and the boat hits it spinning him around to dry land and spinning Foggy and Clegg around to the canal and them falling in. Just for Compo's laughing fit reaction to it, and the line that comes up after that scene, "Hey Foggy, you're in luck. There's some fella that needs rescuing off the roof!"

To be honest there are so many moments that are truly enjoyable that make this a hard question, but keep the replies coming! Let's hear everyone's favorite!

Awful to choose.
I fell on the ground with the scene when the policemen saw a giant panda on a wall in "Howard's birthday" .
But is it my favourite?
The one with Compo in the bathtub?
When Compo was singing for Nora's window with the drainpipe?
I have a think about it and will watch all episodes again before I choose ;)

YUP,me too im going to have to watch them all again before i can answer that one...now where"s my copy of funerals and fish gone????

In general I like the early episodes best, with Blamire and the first Foggy era in particular.
But the first favourite scene that srpings to my mind is from Dancing Feet with Seymour when they are towed in Edie´s red Triumph behind a tractor and it starts spraying manure, I also love the music with that scene, it cracked me up so hard!
Another scene was in Bicycle Bonanza, when Cleggy and Compo tried to see each other´s squiggles. The way Cleggy bends his cap, lol!!
And I love scenes when you can see the actors are actually suppressing a grin, or even can´t suppress and just grin! I noticed that mostly in Foggy and Cleggy.

Don't remember the episode, but it's the one when Foggy put Horlicks on the tips of the darts.
Geoff :)

I think the scene that guarantees a laugh from me every time is in 'The Woolen Mills of your mind' when Wally is telling Nora he has got good hearing."Are you sure you've got good hearing?" "What"

One of my favs is the scene when nora's showing wally a dress in a shop window and asks his opinion, and he gives his verdict and she totally disagrees and tells him he'll like what she tells him to like.
cant remember the episode but the interchange between these characters was always brilliant.

one of my favorite charactors was Sid.the scene in his last episode in the lay by selling fish and chips with Sam's arm falling down and trying to stop the police seeing it while they order their supper.there are so many memorable scenes it really is impossible to choose just one.

This is just impossible to choose, but those who have mentioned the scenes from 'The mysterious feet...' are on the right track. That was a magnificent episiode, possibly the best of all time.

Truly cracks me up at times, there was a scene in 'Will the nearest Alien please come in' where Kevin is talking about the 'experiment' to discover whether someone is a real ET or not and how his mate Farnsworth will have found someone to do it with in Blackpool, just the tone and manner of Truly's reply has me chuckling and chortling every time.

There are two scenes that spring to mind.

The scene in "Woolenmills of your mind", where the trio are walking up the street Compo and Cleggie are talking about Cleggie's wife and he says "...and then she died, which i always thought was a criticism".
Seems to get me every time, a hint of sadness in Cleggie's voice, maybe?

The other scene is in "Hail smiling morn", when they are bedding down in the barn for the night, Blamire turns off the lantern and says "Goodnight"....that's all but it's the tone of his voice that gets to me, the stern father-figure that has a mothering side to him, quality!

....and as for "Wind instruments and canoe", when they all come out of the barn with their swimming gear on and the way Blamire struts about with his speedo's and his trilby on, is just pure calassic comedy.

I'll plumb for "Hail smiling morn" i think, it's got a nice feelgood factor in it.

G ; )

.........The scene in "Wollenmills of your mind", where the trio are walking up the street Compo and Cleggie are talking about Cleggie's wife and he says "...and then she died, which i always thought was a criticism".
Seems to get me every time, a hint of sadness in Cleggie's voice, maybe?

.....G ; )

Yes but always that feeling that even from the grave his Edie was still exerting an influence on him. The very first shot - Gleggy going to put fresh flowers on her grave. But this is true comedy the sweet with the bitter.

There was another scene when he has just risked Norah's wrath - somebody mentions his Edie's sharp tongue - to which he agrees.

I think one of the best of the many , many funny episode's was "Cheering up Ludovic" , motor mechanics must have spent days working on that old caravan that fell apart.

There are so many funny scenes that i enjoy and still laugh at that i find it difficult to pick a favourite.I do still laugh every time i see poor old Eli getting muddled while trying to enter a shop and ends up walking into a conservatory thing on the back of a trailer and is driven off. 8) ;D

Hector.

I couldnt pick a favourite scene,too many but I do like Compo singing to Nora's photo in The Last Surviving Maurice Chevalier Impression also the synchronised bike ride round the pub carpark from Whn You Take A Good Bite,Yorkshire Tastes Terrible,or Clegg driving the couple's car in circles in The Empire Foggy Nearly Built.Or could just be I have a thing for episodes with long titles :)

Back