Favourite Detective/Police Drama shows

Did anybody ever see Diana Rigg as a detective in "The Mrs Bradley Mysteries"?She went between cases in an old limousine driven by Neil Dudgeon (the current Inspector Barnaby)as her chauffeur. We watched some but it never really caught on with us. Neither did Inspector Alleyne. :-\

Yes, when I was naming mine list I was trying to remember the name of that one, I liked it, some tmes its just nice to watch something differant from the same old thing all the time.

You people are mentioningn shows that I loved and forgot about. I loved Shoestring and even the newer show he had recently.

I also liked Morse and the now Lewis. Vera and Lord Peter and no one mentioned Lovejoy.

:D I remember Z CARS specially in black and white. Interestingly (as far as I remember ,) only Brian Blessed really hit the top of the profession .Some of the others did very well but you'd be hard pushed to name more than two or three.Stratford Johns springs to mind as does Frank Windsor (anyone remember any of the others??) ???

Was it Brian Blessed who played Fancy Smith? And what was the name of the Irish chap.?

It was Brian Blessed who played Fancy Smith and the Irish chap was I think James Ellis :D Colin Welland also appeared , as did Jeremy Kemp.

:D I remember Z CARS specially in black and white. Interestingly (as far as I remember ,) only Brian Blessed really hit the top of the profession .Some of the others did very well but you'd be hard pushed to name more than two or three.Stratford Johns springs to mind as does Frank Windsor (anyone remember any of the others??) ???

This show is the who's who in the TV & Film business,most in the list below have been in the show several times

Colin Welland
John Challis
Bert Palmer
Joe Gladwin
John Junkin
Nicholas Smith
Norman Mitchell
Jack Smethurst
Leonard Rossiter
Windsor Davies
Bryan Pringle
Dudley Sutton
Ray Mort
Fulton Mackay
Keith Marsh
Anna Wing
Sam Kydd
Trevor Bannister
Ronald Lacey
Jean Alexander
Harry Fowler
John Thaw
June Brown
John Comer
Sherrie Hewson
Lynda Bellingham
James Grout
Yootha Joyce
Ray Brooks
Josephine Tewson
Hylda Baker
Nerys Hughes
Brian Wilde
Gretchen Franklin
Paula Wilcox
Philip Jackson
Anthony Valentine
Brian Murphy
Henry McGee
Peter Sallis
Glenda Jackson
Mollie Sugden
Tom Baker
Derek Fowlds
Bob Grant
Kenny Lynch
Tessa Wyatt
Ian Lavender
Robert Fyfe
Sally Geeson
Patsy Rowlands
Sally Thomsett
Diana Dors
Michael Kitchen
Tony Selby
David Kelly
John Duttine
Brenda Fricker
Frank Windsor
Allan O'Keefe

Surely one cannot forget Colin Welland - played PC Graham. Switched to screen writing to a considerable extent and got an Oscar for "Chariots of Fire".

Surely one cannot forget Colin Welland - played PC Graham. Switched to screen writing to a considerable extent and got an Oscar for "Chariots of Fire".
I mentioned him in a subsequent post Unc ,then Terry surprised me with the long list of people who have appeared in the show. :) Its amazing how the memory stirs when you "trip" one of the names.

I mentioned Shoestring. I loved that show.. It was short lived sadly.............

I never saw David Yip...

Back