Favourite Christmas/New Year Specials

George

Super Moderator
Apologies if this has been covered before

At this time of year I miss not having a Summer Wine special to look forward to at Christmas.
I'd be interested to find everyones all time favourite LOTSW Christmas/New Year Special.
I think if I was told I could only watch one special it would be CRUMS

Apologies if this has been covered before

At this time of year I miss not having a Summer Wine special to look forward to at Christmas.
I'd be interested to find everyones all time favourite LOTSW Christmas/New Year Special.
I think if I was told I could only watch one special it would be CRUMS

Funny enough George,I watched Crums last night and I think I would agree with you it would be top of my list,some great lines,action and the introduction of Auntie

Its a toss up between "Crums" and "A small tune on a penny Wassail", for me.If i was definitely only allowed one episode and no more then i think "Crums" would be the one.

Hector

I love all the Christmas specials , but if I had to choose one it would have to be "What's Santa Brought for Nora Then?"

Oh, difficult again. The Penny Wassail is very high on my list, and What´s Santa brought for Nora then. I also like Crums, but I prefer the first two.

All the Christmas episodes are great, but my favourites would be either Whoops! or Crums they are both superb episodes.

i really like whoops and whats santa bought for nora. there are more but i just think these are my two favs.

"A small tune on a penny Wassail" and probably "Whoops", although i'm quite fond of "All mod conned" as well.

I can remember in the 70's, seeing the bit with Compo dancing on the roof of the caravan, although that's the only part i had ever seen of it, up until i bought the DVD set with it on.
Strange that i never saw it repeated, ever since i started recording SW back in 1984, when i got my first VHS recorder!

G ; )

Getting Sam Home easily one of the best great story line and great acting ,the smokers in the shed and our Colin collecting the laithe and moving the coffin to do so.Lily Bless Her was a character so oppisite to Sybil and I can understand Sam going for his fun twice a week.

Back