Favourite Christmas moment

Norm

Dedicated Member
I was wondering if anyone had a favourite Christmas moment : I love the episode when Foggy Compo and Cleggy jump off the bus and land all of a heap and Clegg complains at Compo for yelling Geronimo (Sorry haven't a clue how to spell it ) in his ear. :santahat: :santahat:

I like it when Compo Clegg and Foggy exchange gifts after dinner at Cleggies ,also bouncing up and down on Barry,s water bed.

I like the 6 minute short take, where they boys show up at Clegg's, and promise not to mention, "Christmas". In the end, Clegg had a Turkey in the oven, he knew they couldn't hold out. , out of the Christmas shows I would say "leg up for Christmas",when they guys sneak Marina into Cleggs' house to surprise Howard. In the end the ladies stay to, "make it a party!", the ladies are here!!!! Boy they didn't look very excited. :xmasstree:

Crums is my favorite LOTSW Christmas episode because of the whole Christmas resistance idea and because its the first introduction of Auntie Wainright. Finding out recently it was originally written to be a Foggy guest-star episode just makes it that much more interesting to watch.

I agree with Sarkus, "Crums" is my favourite Christmas episode as well, very funny especially the caster oil bit

I was wondering if anyone had a favourite Christmas moment : I love the episode when Foggy Compo and Cleggy jump off the bus and land all of a heap and Clegg complains at Compo for yelling Geronimo (Sorry haven't a clue how to spell it ) in his ear. :santahat: :santahat:

I think you got the spelling right!

Until yesterday (Christmas Eve), I haven't seen any of the specials. However, I woke up that morning and checked the TV listings and was in for quite a treat, a miniature Summer Wine marathon on WETA-UK. Oddly enough, it started with I was a Hitman for Primrose Dairies", I think because there was a Christmas reference in it. But afterwards, they ran Merry Heatwave, Dewhurst up a Fir Tree, Whoops, and All Mod Conned.

Unfortunately we were also preparing for the two hour trip to my mom's in Pennsylavania and my kids were super excited about everything so I couldn't get a good focus on the episodes.

However, I say the highlight was in Merry Heatwave seeing Foggy dressed as Father Christmas trying to set up the Christmas photo and having Clegg and Compo getting stuck in the window.

All Mod Conned looked really good. I believe I read positive and negative reviews on this special before. Just curious, what was everyone's thoughts on this episode? It looked really good to me, although I was quite distracted. I like how there only method of transportation was the boat and Foggy was excited about the idea of deep sea fidshing with it!

The funny side of Christmas, when Compo presents his three "orphans" at the front window. Cracks me up every time. :santahat:

The scene in small tune where the trio are opening their presents. The interplay between the 3 stars was great. It was also a funny scene. This is my favourite xmas episode.

My favorite christmas episode has to be Whoops. At the 1:17 mark when Compo plants a huge kiss and Clegg and a failed attempt to kiss Foggy too makes me laugh so hard no matter how many times I see it. Compo has his many flaws but he's a lovable character. I also can't help but feel that at moments in scenes like that, some of the real Bill is coming out too.

My favorite x-mas episode has to be "All Mod Conned". I thought it was hilarious watching the trio trying in vain to fix up that run-down shack, only to accidentally burn it to the ground! A close second would be "Whoops", and in particular, the scene where the trio were caught in Chuffer Enwright's shed by Chuffer's wife with their pant legs rolled up to their knees!

I like the early one when Compo buys the others expensive watches that can only be seen in the dark for Christmas. A shocked Foggy wonders if he nicked them, but Compo's motive is that he bought them from Nora's Christmas club and she will now have to chase after him for the money. Clegg decides at the end they will have to buy Compo a skateboard to show their appreciation.

Thanks for the title Don, "The Funny Side of Christmas", forgot the title. Yes, those poor orphans, :eek:. I thought Clegg and Foggy were going to have a heart attack. Hee hee.

Back