Favorite Scene

Don

Dedicated Member
I'm sure most people have multiple moments that they really enjoy but if you could narrow it down to one, what would it be?

My personal favorite is the last few minutes of "Paté and Chips."

They are on the steps to Compo's flat and sharing a can of Carlsberg. Blamire is a bit tipsy and shows a more mellow side we never again see during his stint as third man.

I don't know why but this scene always makes me smile.

It could possibly be a scene in Barry's Christmas, the trio are walking down the road, just before Wesley pulls up in his hearse, the scene looks like a winters day with the sun so low in the sky

My possible favourite is when CLEGGY goes up to the gate and pats the horse and murmur's something to it ............................ ,from Getting Barry Higher in the World.

“Getting on Sidney’s Wire” is an episode I appreciate more and more each time I see it because it has so many great scenes. My favorite is either early on when you hear a splash offscreen and Compo and Clegg have a conversation about how great it would be if that was Foggy falling into the creek. Which it turns out to be! Later the trio are standing in front of the mat inside the cafe which Sid is using for his new door chime. They exchange mischievous grins and then, altogether, jump onto the mat.

My possible favourite is when CLEGGY goes up to the gate and pats the horse and murmur's something to it ............................ ,from Getting Barry Higher in the World.

Ah yes, that scene; Peter Sallis gives a rather warm performance I wonder if that was intended according to the script, or was that a bit of spontaneous acting from Peter Sallis' part?

The scene that's always fascinated me, though, is from "Downhill Racer" when Compo and Cleggy are sliding down the hill on the trays. It's like, "Slowly...slowly...slowly...faster...faster...faster...then topple, topple!"

I find Cleggy's descent the most entertaining.

Back