Favorite Entwistle Scene or Quote

codfanglers

Dedicated Member
Hello Everyone,

I just sent a belated post in the "Gone But Not Forgotten" thread for Burt Kwouk. I encourage all to read it. I am very grateful for Kwouk's contributions to Summer Wine, especially considering I am a huge fan of the post-Compo era. Entwistle was a great addition to the whole "cast of barmpots" in the era- along with Smiler, Billy, Tom, and others.

I think Entwistle's strongest performances were in his earliest episodes, where there was more of an emphasis on him. It has been quite a while since I have seen his episodes so I don't recall the exact scenes for each or remember every word of each quote.

However, it must has been his first (or second episode) where he said to Clegg, Truly, and (I think) Billy, "You look like an ancient civilized people. Can you give me a hand with my truck?"

Sorry if I messed up that quote but I always loved Entwistle's ancient culture and wisdom references. It seemed comically at odds with much of his surroundings.

Thanks for the memories Burt Kwouk.

The result of him hypnotising Smiler, when in fact he hypnotises Tom, Truly and Billy as well ,and they all dance to putting on the Ritz in a Short Blast of Fred Astaire makes me laugh out loud [ although poor Stephen Lewis was visibly suffering with his legs at that stage of him starring as Smiler]

Hello Everyone,

I just sent a belated post in the "Gone But Not Forgotten" thread for Burt Kwouk. I encourage all to read it. I am very grateful for Kwouk's contributions to Summer Wine, especially considering I am a huge fan of the post-Compo era. Entwistle was a great addition to the whole "cast of barmpots" in the era- along with Smiler, Billy, Tom, and others.

I think Entwistle's strongest performances were in his earliest episodes, where there was more of an emphasis on him. It has been quite a while since I have seen his episodes so I don't recall the exact scenes for each or remember every word of each quote.

However, it must has been his first (or second episode) where he said to Clegg, Truly, and (I think) Billy, "You look like an ancient civilized people. Can you give me a hand with my truck?"

Sorry if I messed up that quote but I always loved Entwistle's ancient culture and wisdom references. It seemed comically at odds with much of his surroundings.

Thanks for the memories Burt Kwouk.
A PICKUP OF THE LATER MING DYNASTY :08:

His first scene where he says, "I'm from Hull." And nobody said anything about China. I read his bio and didn't realize that LOTSW was not his first acting job.

Back