Fave lines from FOTSW

amos hames

Dedicated Member
Which is your favourite line from first of the summer wine.We have had our favourite lines from the main show how about its little brother.

Wally Batty in the Body Snatchers
"Lay down, I can do laying down I'm almost there when I'm standing up" :) :D

Compo and Clegg talking about Foggy in the first episode;
Clegg "His heart's in the right place"
Compo "Just his brain seems to be missing"

When Clegg and Compo have called for Foggy and they are walking up the street and Compo say's something like "I haven't got a bad chest" and Foggy replies "If you can lift boots that size, you can't have a bad chest".

G ; )

Re: Favourite lines from FOTSW

Thought maybe to start "New Topic" but we probably have enough pages on the Forum anyway.

Was watching "Dried Dates And Codfanglers" today and was very struck with Ivy's tone when discussing Seymour. She sounded so like the younger Ivy in FOTSW. There is a close linkage in dates, "Dried Dates And Codfanglers" made in 1986 and transmitted in 1987. FOTSW came out a year later in 1988. One cannot help but think that Sarah Dangerfield as the FOTSW young Ivy did model the role in part on Jane Freeman, the older Ivy of LOTSW.

However, from the script there was absolutely no indication they had worked together in the same Co-op store and it was almost as if she had only just recently met him and got to know of his eccentricities.

Back