Famous

amos hames

Dedicated Member
Who is the most famous person you have been lucky enough to meet including Summerwine stars. Mine are as follows

Gordon Banks
Emlyn Hughes
Larry Holmes(boxer)
Louise Redknapp
Ben Fogle

When I was vice-chair of Morpeth Town FC I met Billy Bremner and Nobby Stiles.I actually gave Billy my club tie because he took a liking to it.

Billy bremner was one of my heros a legend of leeds utd and scotland.

He was a really nice man Amos.He was a speaker at a fund raising dinner and he went down so well the chairman offered him a couple of hundred pounds extra and he said to put the money in the clubs funds.
A real gentleman.

Bill Pertwee - Jimmy Perry - David Croft - Frank Williams - Pamela Cundell - Ian Lavender - Philip Madoc (as you can see I was into Dads Army)
Henry Cooper - Stephan Paczai - Margaret Thatcher. all I can think of at the moment

A prince can mak' a belted knight
A marquise, duke, an' a' that
But an honest man's aboon his might
Gude faith, he maunna fa' that
For a' that an' a' that
Their dignities an' a' that
The pith o' sense an' pride o' worth
Are higher rank that a' that

Then let us pray that come it may
(as come it will for a' that)
That Sense and Worth, o'er a' the earth
Shall bear the gree an' a' that
For a' that an' a' that
It's coming yet for a' that
That man to man, the world o'er
Shall brithers be for a' that

Peter Sallis
Alan J.W. Bell
Russ Abbot
Brian Murphy
Burt Kwouk
Robert Fyfe
Ken Kitson
Malcolm Howarth (Summer Wine photographer)
Alan Shearer
Sir Bobby Robson
A lot more newcastle players from 1999-2002

man utd were playing a pre season friendly at birmingham city and my brother in law was running the line so i went with him and got vip entry to lunch and to go behind the scenes...i had gone to answer a call of nature near the dressing rooms when i bumped into alex ferguson...there was nobody around but the pair of us and i was so excited that i rushed up to him and more or less demanded his autograph...he gave me a right telling off and i apologised as i must really have appeared rude...but then we passed some pleasantries and i got my autograph..!!!

Also

George Best at a book signing in London
Phillip Brown who is in waterloo road lives in my village
Jo Brand
Terri Irwin at Australia zoo

I've never met anyone like that, but it's odd because between my mother and her mother, they've met or spent time with Clint Eastwood, Janet Leigh and Darrin McGavin.
On the Eastwood thing...my mother danced with him at a party. My grandmother went to school with the other two.

Don't know if I should even bother, but there it is.

Not famous as such but I shook hands with our local MP 40 years ago when he visited the factory where I was working , also I was within 2 feet of Princess Anne when she paid a royal visit to our factory. :D :p

Oliver Reed when he revisited his old school, where I was then a teacher, just as he was becoming famous in 1966.

always bother roz, its what the forum is all about........i nearly saw the queen in 1963 when i was six, we got a day off school to go and see her open a shopping centre...mum and dad asked if i would prefer to go to blackpool for the day so thats where we went...got into so much trouble next day at school when i couldnt say what she was wearing, had to stand on a chair for the lesson....happy days ??????!!! >:(

Jared Leto(minor rock star), and I was about 6 feet from Sarah, The Duchess of York, which as an American in Ohio, was a rare treat!

Billy bremner was one of my heros a legend of leeds utd and scotland.

He was a really nice man Amos.He was a speaker at a fund raising dinner and he went down so well the chairman offered him a couple of hundred pounds extra and he said to put the money in the clubs funds.
A real gentleman.

That was in the good old days when footballers didn't imagine they were 'Gods'

Many Years ago on Holiday in Minorca we stood in the street and watched the King of Spain as he walked a feet away while he was touring the Island,the same week we spotted Elton John in the Harbour,then on another day on a boat trip in the harbour there was Paul McCartney on his boat.

Back home a few years ago I was nominated by a local Charity to be official photographer when the Duke of Gloucester opened their new function room,but none of that beats seeing a lot of the losw cast when they were filming

Back