Established parts of the series before they were actually in the show.

imitation700mb

Dedicated Member
Whilst watching LOTSW, in quite a few episodes, I have noticed things that were well established parts of the series a long time before they were actually in the show, mainly in the background of shots, or if the scene was in the same location. For example, in Wellies to Wet Suit, when Foggy and Clegg are sat on the wall talking about beetles down Foggy's trousers, we could see what would become Edie's house in the background of some shots, even though the Pegden's were not yet part of the series. Does anyone know any other examples of this phenomena?

I think it was coincidence.

However, we see a studio mockup of the cafe in the pilot.

We can see scenery depicting the surrounding buildings of the exterior - yet we don't see the real outside of the cafe (until almost a year later when Series One begins).

Maybe a scene was deleted before the pilot was shown.

In Hail smiling morn, the Blamire trio leave what was Cleggys first and walk up step, where we get a glimpse of the house used later for Cleggy/Howard and Pearls houses

I think it was coincidence.

However, we see a studio mockup of the cafe in the pilot.

We can see scenery depicting the surrounding buildings of the exterior - yet we don't see the real outside of the cafe (until almost a year later when Series One begins).

Maybe a scene was deleted before the pilot was shown.

I think before filming the pilot, they would have researched where the cafe would be situated and also looked at the surrounding buildings to make the architecture of the set and the interior views from the windows as realistic as possible. The cafe set in the pilot was more or less the same as in series one, albeit with a few detail changes.

I think before filming the pilot, they would have researched where the cafe would be situated and also looked at the surrounding buildings to make the architecture of the set and the interior views from the windows as realistic as possible. The cafe set in the pilot was more or less the same as in series one, albeit with a few detail changes.

After a very brief look at the episode, it appears some scenes were filmed very, very close to the cafe - so no doubt someone had seen it and thought there's an idea what the cafe may look like.

There may well have been an establishing shot of the outside of the cafe that didn't make it into the pilot.

I think I can see Clegg's cottage from the 1980s episodes in the pilot - I can see some familiar arched windows...

The heavily Reinforced Bottom is another one. When Pearl is telling Howard off for going on about stone age burial sites, while the conversation should have been Nina Mycroft's daughter's young man, Howard and Clegg's second houses are seen in the background of the scene.

Back